1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

starts and idles, press gas shuts off

Posted by 95'RS-T, Nov 30, 2009

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Germansville, Pennsylvania
    95 GS-T mods are in my profile but the problem I'm having is when I start the car it Idles fine and runs good but as soon as I press the gas or put any kind of load on the car it shuts off! Any help would be great thanks

376  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  2. twdorris

twdorris Supporting Vendor

Joined Feb 13, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Sometimes this is due to the ECU not seeing an airflow signal from the MAF. But I would expect the ECU to throw a check engine light in that case. It could also be due to a large intake leak.

Thomas Dorris

3. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the info I'm pretty sure the check engine light is on I dont have the car at my house right not so I cant check it

376  0

· 2G DSM
  4. twdorris

twdorris Supporting Vendor

Joined Feb 13, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    If so, it's probably an airflow circuit malfunction if I had to guess. I'd inspect the SAFC wiring.

Thomas Dorris

5. talon20g

talon20g Proven Member

Joined Mar 21, 2007
    Leggett, North Carolina
    I had a similiar issue and found a wire on my tps had come loose.

254  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    this is what I'm thinking the problem is as well since I did not hook up the SAFC
    but I will check it out I'm hoping it's something stupid like that. I was also thinking it could be the fact that it has 1000cc injectors and it's flooding it out? Thanks again I really appreciate all the help

376  0

· 2G DSM