The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SS clutch line where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofgofg

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
kc, Kentucky
Looking to replace the short rubber line and eliminate the accumulator. Anybody know where to get this short line? I found the long ones aplenty, but no specific info regarding the short 1 and weather or not it actually eliminates the accumulator.

Thanks!

Thanks guys! I had searched the rre website, but did not find 2g parts, only 3g 4g and evo parts. As for the stm,, I think its on ebay too, but the ebay info did not mention the accumulator. .

I wonder how the accumulator actually works? Another writeup with pics of one hacked in half describes it as just a reservoir with no actual moving parts,, just a fat spot in the line sort of.

Anyway,, Ima replace it with 1 piece of SS line, clean and simple.

It does just what it's named, it accumulates pressure. It makes clutch engagement less harsh by slowing the pressure drop to the slave cylinder. Which is good if you are the typical American who is easily scared by noise and vibration. But if you want quick and precise engagement with full pressure both ways, it's a good choice. Just don't be a noob and drop the clutch on pavement, that could spell disaster for driveline parts.

Wondering if I should just replace the rubber line with ss then, and leave the accumulator in place. What I'm trying to do is make clutch DISENGAGEMENT more positive and in the process fix the typical clutch pedal pump up problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back