The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

spacer for exaust manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smbgsx

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2017
Richfield, Minnesota
I just ordered a FP cast-iron exhaust manifold and have a few questions...

1) My current SBR mani has some type of spacer between the flange and the cylinder head. is this typical and do you think I will need this for my new FP mani? I'm using an FP30 turbochager.

2) the new header is ceramic coated but I want to reduce underhood temps as much as I can. Do you think wrapping this header will shorten its lifespan significantly? its not driven everyday and never in the winter.

3) I have an EGT probe in my current header that I want to move to the new one. does the probe need to be on the top side of the runner to function properly or could it be mounted on the side or bottom of the runner? this would be just to make the install look cleaner.

Thanks for any help

1) Most people have not had to use any type of spacer with an fp manifold.

2) Heat wrap will reduce the life of the mani and cause cracking. Most users use what is called a manifold blanket.

3) Best to run the EGT sensor from the top as running it bottom side up will cause premature failure. Your manifold blanket will cover it :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back