The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

So Who Wants A Aftermarket Intake Manifold??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car_guy_09

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Wilmington, Ohio
Ok heres the deal, I have a guy that is willing to explore the possibility of making us a nice highflow intake manifold at a decent price. But first i need to get these specs for him,

Plenum size LxWxH?
Runner length?

And to see if there is enough interest for him to waste his time and money to design this.

You need to know a little more then plenum and runner dimensions......

Yes i know this, He will probably buy a stocker to take measurements and to get the flange since we cant seem to find one .

This guy knows what he is doing, He getting ready to release a few manifolds for another car. (cant say what kinda car yet, as its the first of its kind and is still a secret)

You might want to ask all_motor_mike on here or quicksilver99 (Mark Peachy) on 2gnt. They both make some pretty good manifolds for our engines.

Or you can take the OBX intake and cut that big ass plenum size in half, LOL.

MB

You might want to ask all_motor_mike on here or quicksilver99 (Mark Peachy) on 2gnt. They both make some pretty good manifolds for our engines.

Or you can take the OBX intake and cut that big ass plenum size in half, LOL.

MB

ahh just the man i wanted to hear from.

I think he is planning to more or less base his design off the obx, Just make many improvements.

I'd actually be interested in one as well. Just not sure if changing your manifold would fail on Smog. Although I think I wouldn't pass visual with that mod anyways. LOL

I'd actually be interested in one as well. Just not sure if changing your manifold would fail on Smog. Although I think I wouldn't pass visual with that mod anyways. LOL
Well, FWIW, the OBX can be set-up to not throw a cel. BUT you are in Cali so I don't know what/how/why/where/when/if they will say anything ;)

As for basing it off the OBX, I would suggest making the plenum a little smaller. There is some math to follow to get the correct volume (I'm figuring your friend would be able to access the equations). Plus I'm not happy with the map side of that configuration of the plenum. Should be angle down at the end. Many of the other situations have been discussed and pointed out in the write up; 2GNT.com - OBX_Intake_Install

Just off the top of my head.

MB

Well, FWIW, the OBX can be set-up to not throw a cel. BUT you are in Cali so I don't know what/how/why/where/when/if they will say anything ;)

As for basing it off the OBX, I would suggest making the plenum a little smaller. There is some math to follow to get the correct volume (I'm figuring your friend would be able to access the equations). Plus I'm not happy with the map side of that configuration of the plenum. Should be angle down at the end. Many of the other situations have been discussed and pointed out in the write up; 2GNT.com - OBX_Intake_Install

Just off the top of my head.

MB

Anything visual here has to look stock. I only got away with having my AEM short ram b/c of the CARB number. They aren't so picky about exhausts from what I've seen. Last time I smogged my car, I didn't even have my header on yet.

For example, the Smog place refused to smog my friends car because he had an aftermarket oil cap.

Now there are ways to pass here with non CARB certified mods, just gotta have the $$'s to do so. If you are caught by police though, you'll have to be state ref'd and then everything has to go back to stock.

Like I said LOL, it would be nice to be able to get a new intake manifold, but visual will not pass :cry:. Maybe I should just move to Florida already :thumb:

Anything visual here has to look stock. I only got away with having my AEM short ram b/c of the CARB number. They aren't so picky about exhausts from what I've seen. Last time I smogged my car, I didn't even have my header on yet.

For example, the Smog place refused to smog my friends car because he had an aftermarket oil cap.

Now there are ways to pass here with non CARB certified mods, just gotta have the $$'s to do so. If you are caught by police though, you'll have to be state ref'd and then everything has to go back to stock.

Like I said LOL, it would be nice to be able to get a new intake manifold, but visual will not pass :cry:. Maybe I should just move to Florida already :thumb:
Holy Crap WTF ! You need to speak to Ahhnold to get this fixed already, LOL. but you're right, time to move.

MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back