The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SmartFire Injecors (SFI)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DO NOT BUY SFI INJECTORS!!!

well here i'm going to express my feelings for SFI Injectors. after 1000 miles, one stuck open and flooded one of my cylinders with gas, washing out the oil for the rings & causing oil starvation of the piston rings in that cylinder. my car ended up having compression check of: 185, 180, 150, 195. take a guess at which cylinder flooded. thanks SFI! now i have to rebuild my motor. atleast theres a full refund from the 1 year unlimited mile warranty. the ONE good thing SFI has is customer support for refunds and replacements.

to make sure, i pulled out the injector for the failed cylinder, blew out the gas, and tried to blow through it. the result was after any pressure was applied, the pintle leaked. so the injector was for sure the cause of the piston failure.

for the first 1000 miles, they worked just fine, ran like a stock car minus the 2000rpm idle, which might not be the injectors. i had the 660cc size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back