The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Slowboyracing stage 3 HEAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipsex

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2005
Rutledge, Tennessee
Has anyone purchased the SBR stage 3 head? i'm thinking about buying one when I rebuild my motor, but im not sure if its gonna be worth the money.

SBR Stage III 420A Head

• 100% Hot Tanked
• Fully Pressure Checked
• SBR 5 Angle Competition Valve Job
• SBR Stage III Port Work
• New Valve Stem Seals
• New Stainless Steel, Undercut Valves
• New Valve Guides
• Crower Springs and Crower Retainers
• Fully Decked Head Surface
Stage 3 420A Head

Our Price:

$1499.00

You can have your head machined locally and save a bunch of $$.

The machine shop I used took my head apart, hot tanked, 3 angle valve job, new seals, installed guides/springs/valves etc for about $400. A 5 angle valve job isn't much more expensive than a 3 angle. You can probably duplicate a SB stage III head for $1,000.

I hate to say it but buying a stage 3 head on my car was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I might as well have thrown the money out the door with all the hassles I had to go through. At the power levels I was planning on I definately did not need it. I'd save the cash for something else...if you really need a head get it done locally so you can go to the shop and SEE what is going on. If you do something like cylinders heads through the net you might have to deal with too much BS and especially if they get damaged.

what cams are you going to run, if your going to run stock cams i would save the money and put it else ware in you car, if you are going to run more agressive cams i would do the head locally like dark horse suggested

We do a 5 angle valve job that is our own spec, we also roll the porting into the valve job for superior flow. The valve angles our our's and we don't tell them so don't ask :)

420A heads are thin on the exhaust side. Port just a little to much and you will find a water jacket and then you need a tig welder, taking for granted that you may not be able to get it to seal then after breaking thru.

Massive port jobs don't always make power either. If you port bowls and runner ceilings to large you will loose velocity thru the head.

You can probably duplicate our heads but not for less than we do it for :)

Thanks guys!

Cragger

I would suggest to keep your stock head, b/c they are good for some big HP, just do some research and go to Hahns Racecraft's website and see what they have done, but you can spend the money on better things. Just get a 3 angle valve job and make sure everything checks out ok w/ everything else in the head. If you want you could throw some cams in like inneedof mentioned too...:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back