The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Slowboy or AGP FMIC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
I'm tourn between the 2 front mounts gonna snag one for xmas I think. Which one would be better, Also how much of a pain in the ass is install gonna be on my 95gsm automatic?? I know I gotta relocate the tranny cooler I think. Also is it worth gettin the gm mafs?

Im sure you'll be happy with either of the 2 FMIC's. Depends on the budget probably, and what you're willing to spend. The GM Maf and translator really depends on what your needs are too. You arent coming close to breaking the barrier of your stock MAS i dont believe from the mods you have listed in your profile. Let us know some more details of what you plan to do and then maybe we can assist further.

I can vouch for the SBR FMIC. The SBR FMIC is actually a tried and true IC from Kinetic Motorsports that SBR sells as their own. I personally have the 1G SBR FMIC and a personal friend of mine has the 2G SBR FMIC. Fitment was great after the required cutting was done, and the piping fit w/out trouble. The FMIC is short route piping, and even shorter on a 1G. It is THE shortest FMIC piping available. The FMIC flows great and gets great compliments as well.

if you wanted to save cash u could always do an oversized smic which i did, cause my GM MAS cost me around 450$, the gm mas is pretty cool cause it lets u vent to the air without hurting anything except small turbo damage that takes awhile to occur, but u would need a 3" or 3.5" gm mass airflow sensor, the GM MAF-T u can get from Dejon Tool, and a new UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPING, which u should also be able to get from DejonTool, both items are around 200, plus a gm mas which u can get for like 50-100, or a junkyard for 20 $, and if u deff want a fmic and u can only pick from the 2 , just get the slowboy, but if i were to pick, ide get something more popular, maybe something from HKS? if they offer one, but thats just me, good luck

What cutting was required, also me and my friend are in the porcess of opening a dyno in rhode island so this is gonna be our shop car. So im planning to run most likely the gt35r with the ipt trans in the future prob not for about 5 or 6 months but def in the future so that is why i asked about the gm maf

Attachments

• KMSBRFMIC.JPG
    KMSBRFMIC.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 464
GVR4592 said:
If price isn't a concernt the DV/DT fab intercooler is the best bolt on intercooler you can get for a 2g. The end tank design is far superior to the SBR or the AGP intercoolers.

http://dvdtfab.com/
Agreed, IF price isn't a concern. However both AGR/SBR kits flow great. But nevertheless, Agree 100%. :thumb:

project_tsi said:
I can vouch for the SBR FMIC. The SBR FMIC is actually a tried and true IC from Kinetic Motorsports that SBR sells as their own. I personally have the 1G SBR FMIC and a personal friend of mine has the 2G SBR FMIC. Fitment was great after the required cutting was done, and the piping fit w/out trouble. The FMIC is short route piping, and even shorter on a 1G. It is THE shortest FMIC piping available. The FMIC flows great and gets great compliments as well.
I saw a 1g with this fmic and it would seem that the lower intercooler pipe is much longer than the dejon tool licp i bought, but its still a great kit probably

Ok i just ordered the slowboy racing fmic, afc, 650's, fuel pump and wideband. I was wondering with the automatic if the tranny cooler needs to be relocated? is it a pain? any help would be nice thanks.

I would go with the SBR one. Nothing against AGP but I have had very good luck with SBR and will continue to do business with them. I think also that the SBR one is easier to install. As far as a GM MAF setup goes...talk to the guys at AGP. They will tell you it can be a waste of money on 2g's. Great upgrade for 1g's because of the small size of the MAF but compare the GM to the stock 2g. Not a lot of difference. I think you could find something better to spend your money on than that. I had it on one of my 2g's and got rid of it and it didn't hardly affect the performance at all.

-Stroked- said:
I would go with the SBR one. Nothing against AGP but I have had very good luck with SBR and will continue to do business with them. I think also that the SBR one is easier to install. As far as a GM MAF setup goes...talk to the guys at AGP. They will tell you it can be a waste of money on 2g's. Great upgrade for 1g's because of the small size of the MAF but compare the GM to the stock 2g. Not a lot of difference. I think you could find something better to spend your money on than that. I had it on one of my 2g's and got rid of it and it didn't hardly affect the performance at all.

Yea I ended up going with slowboy and I ordered the ipt upgraded tranny cooler just wondering about what needs to be cut to mount the fmic.

another vote for the SBR!! im just procrastinating the install :LOL: but it has given me time to polish it all up myself, saved me 300 bucks!

If I could do it all over again, I would love to go SBR. I have the AGP kit and I hate it. First, they shipped me 2 wrong size couplers, which they corrected at their expense, but that meant more down time for my car, and then the TB elbow sits too high causing my 1g BOV to hit the hood. Also, I have had nothing but bad experiences with their customer service. I've tried emailing them which they rarely ever respond and I've tried calling in which I usually get a machine. They sold me an RS49 as a RS49T (that's right, I ordered the Garrett, they sent me a turbonetics for the Garrett price). I've ordered from SBR before and I know they stand behind their work and judging from the responses here, it seems like their intercooler is pretty good as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back