The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Should I actually take the time to take out the back seats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLaserProject

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well I have a full day of boredom tomorrow so I was thinking about taking out the backseats. They are pretty useless too, not even my shorter of friends can fit back there. I'm not doing this for any weight reduction reasons in mind either since they only weigh like two pounds. I figured it really couldnt hurt anything. So will taking out the backseats be worth my time really?

Nope... it looks hideous without them. Especially if your not doing anything with the back..

I wouldn't do it, but I don't like to have a stripped interior. If you trust you will never get a flat, you could get rid of your spare tire and jack. I doubt you'd even feel a difference but you could do it before you go to the track if you wanted.

a friend of mine took his seats out and had a killer box put in it, its got a computer in it and a nice system, a fog machine and a strobe light its awsome......but that cost him big bucks

The gas tank is under the back seats. My best bud took out his seats once and had fumes seeping into the cabin. Apparently the seats help seal the tank by keeping it isolated from the cabin. If you do this backseat-delete project, make sure you seal the tank well for your sake.

TheLaserProject said:
Well I have a full day of boredom tomorrow so I was thinking about taking out the backseats. They are pretty useless too, not even my shorter of friends can fit back there. I'm not doing this for any weight reduction reasons in mind either since they only weigh like two pounds. I figured it really couldnt hurt anything. So will taking out the backseats be worth my time really?
Well, if you only want to do it for no reason, it might be a nice day to clean your wheels instead.

The backseat is also so friggin light that it would be pointless to pull it out for weight savings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back