The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Shorter AT Knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0hnniz

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2004
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Is it possbile to shorten the automatic shift knob? Its way too long.

Attachments

• 1306car4-med.jpg
    1306car4-med.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 489
I'll try and get a drawing done up on CAD and a link to a free viewer. If you have access to a lathe or have a machine shop local they can be made pretty easy.

Brad

Attachments

• interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 446
I believe I am the only 2G DSM with an auto trans running the AEM EMS system. I worked with AEM Engineer Jayme Wagner in the fall of 2002 to get the wiring sorted out. If you are refering to the TCM delima, I am running a 12 volt based PLC for shifting. I am push button shifting from a Sparco Extreme II wheel. One button for upshifting and one for downshifting. My system has a ton of failsafes. Time delayed downshifts, TC lockup in any gear at any RPM and a ton more.

BTW are you John?

Brad

BMP Racing

Originally posted by BMP Racing
I believe I am the only 2G DSM with an auto trans running the AEM EMS system. I worked with AEM Engineer Jayme Wagner in the fall of 2002 to get the wiring sorted out. If you are refering to the TCM delima, I am running a 12 volt based PLC for shifting. I am push button shifting from a Sparco Extreme II wheel. One button for upshifting and one for downshifting. My system has a ton of failsafes. Time delayed downshifts, TC lockup in any gear at any RPM and a ton more.

BTW are you John?

Brad

BMP Racing

Wow, I'm impressed. I went the DSMLink route because I had never thought of messing with a rewired harness for AEM. Any thoughts of making this a more public advantage?
I'm not John, just a good friend who has learned almost everything I know about A/Ts from him.

Mike

I ended up smoking two boxes before we got it figured out. I was actually one of the first ones to get an AEM EMS system. Mike W at RRE dialed me in with one of the first boxes. He actually did some of the BETA testing in its early stages so he got some of the first ones. After we found that it would not work on a 2G auto AEM stated it as a 5-speed only system. I ended up testing out a few PLC's and came up with what I have now for a tranny controller. Anyway, the problem was centered around one pin. I need to go back to make sure which one. Jayme sent all the calls to me about running an AEM on a 2G auto but I haven't had time to get it fully tested yet. I bought a Pettit Racing prepared 94 RX7 last year and put my DSM on hold. That car is now sold so I will be dusting off my DSM and getting back into it. I'll reply with specifics on how I am currenty set up to run With the AEM EMS. Thanks for your interest.

Brad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back