The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SeaFoam in action. Short Video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool Man

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2004
Chesapeake, Virginia
I put SeaFoam in my Sons Eclipse (Surf Thrasher on the boards) and shot a short vid. You can see it here if you've ever wondered what it would look like. I've used it on my 3000GT also. I used a half of a can and let it sit for 15 minutes.

Sea Foam Video

It was a bit windy, it was about to storm, but you can get the point. It did this for about another mile down the road.

Cleans carbon deposits mostly when sucked into the intake. It can help regain combustion in cylinders that are low. I used the liquid, sucked it up through the brake booster line on the intake.

I just ordered a bottle of the stuff, any way u guys can tell me the most effective ways of using it? i hear a bunch of different ways people use it i was just wondering what the best ways are, i dont have the bottle yet so when i get it i can obviously read the directions, but if theres a tip u can give me that the directions dont go over that would be great.

I used the vacuum line connected between the tb and intake manifold, but my BOV is venting does this make a difference?

WalkedTalon said:
got any pics?

I'm att the Firehouse today, but I can take one if you need it tomorrow night. It's the large vacume line that comes off of the top/back of the Intake manifold that goes to the brake booster. The brake booster end is hard to get to, so I actually took the line off of my 3000GT and hooked it to the manifold and used it.

Look, if you want to do this you NEED a vacume line that is BEFORE the air splits into the cyliners otherwise you are going to miss a cylinder. Pull the line at the throttle body that says P and hook up your own vac line... At least on a 1st gen this is where I did it.

On the second gen the line for the BOV can be used since it's much earlier in the intake on that generation...

Can someone post a pic where the bottle attatches to? I want to make sure that I do it right before I start it. Like a Pic would be nice. Sorry for the trouble. :thumb:

mastaBO said:
Can someone post a pic where the bottle attatches to? I want to make sure that I do it right before I start it. Like a Pic would be nice. Sorry for the trouble. :thumb:

Dude, you can do this yourself without a pic. If you need pictures, goto the hotclick diagram at the top of this forum and look at the intake manifolds... Since your car is a N/A 2g it'll be different from all the others mentioned here anyway.

But it's extremely easy to figure this out. The intake lines are ALL connected to the vacume or boost the engine is running. So find a vacume line that is AFTER the airpipe goes into the throttle body, and BEFORE the individual cylinders air splits off. All you have to do is look.

On some cars there might not even be a line such as this, for instance my roommates 94' Amigo which required two lines be used to hit all 4 cylinders. Why don't you take a picture and circle what you are thinking of using and we can verify it...

Okay so do i take that hose and pour in the sea foam? into the engine?

Attachments

• Picture19.JPG
    Picture19.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 449
I'm not to familier with N/T's and you didn't make the photo very large, if the air intake connects to the left of where that picture is taken, then that line would work to get the last 3 cylinders. But the first one has already branched off at that point (notice the spark plug down to the right from that line). In all honesty a better line would be one right on the throttle body if there is one. If not that one will work.

You just pull it off the intake side, connect your own piece of vacume hose, and dip in into the can of seafoam while the engine is running. The engine will want to stall out, so you're gonna have to have a helper to gas it and keep it running. Let it suck in 1/3 of the can (according to the instructions, use more if you like, but not less) and then let the engine die finally. Let it sit 15 minutes, and then restart it and start driving like a banshee till it stops smoking!

I didn't need to change my spark plugs afterward, but the oil that came out was incredibly filthy after doing this. So a oil change might be a good idea afterward. Have a spare set of spark plugs just in case.

oh~ well i used that hose and did it. Not much smoke, maybe cause it was only going into 3 cylinders? You have to pour it in till it stalls? I just poured it in till it was shaky and let it idel normal and then put in some more. Maybe I should redo it.
Thanks for the help^^

Suck up about half a can, let it sit 15 minutes and start the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back