The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

safc tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzydoodle

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2007
Millwood, Washington
Sorry but I could not find anything specific to waht I was looking for. I found stuff on the set up, but none on a tune. I was just wondering if anyone was running anything similar, an could offer a good base tune with an safc2. I got a fpbt28 with 660's no fuel pump yet ( I know, its in the works) turbo set @ 17. Just wondering about a good setting to get me to by untill I get a clutch in an a fuel pump and fpr, and get to the dyno/tune shop.
Thanks.

With a datalogger and/or wideband o2, you can tune it yourself. You're gonna need at least one of those anyways....

Datalogger $150
Wideband $280
Fuel pump $100

You only need a FPR if you plan on going larger than the 190 pump. Is your stock pump re-wired yet?

Do you have a turbo-timer? If so, which one? If you have the apexi, you can roughly tune off the o2/airfuel readouts.....it's not recommended because the readings/tune varies with each car, but it works.

No re-wire on fp was gonna do @ the same time as the pump itself. Got a logger still saving for wideband. Timer is hks. Just not to familiar with afc so just curious of anyone with a similar setup that found something that works to go from, otherwise just trial an error. And didnt know some say 190 others say 255...opinions?

You have a logger so watch that. The stock pump with stock lines and filter will max out on 450's. If it starts to pull timing, turn down your boost until you can upgrade your fuel system.

I am having the same problem setting the SAFC.Can someone tell me what I need to set for the low & high?( My current mods is under my profile.)

I try to set it like this
Low Setting:
1K +-2 2K -4 3K -6 4K -10 5K -10 5.5K -10 6K -10 7K -10
High Setting:
1K -21 2K -23 3K -24 4K -23 5K -22 5.5K -22 6K -21 7K -18
TH-Point
Lo 30% Hi 80%

But my car started to lag & was idling like crazy.

Like I said please keep the information informative. I am aware of pulled timing needs adjustment, probably more fuel. 660's are in there, not 450's. Like "joey" said he is looking for SOMEONE with the same setup's current settings. Having an sacf2 there would be no reason to buy dsmlink, wasting money on the safc would have been stupid, since we already have an afc, an it is capable of supporting the turbo an setup... I dont know if maybe its me an my communication issues but i feel like i'm :beatentodeath:

You can find someone with the same set up but your car will still be different. That's why you buy a logger, so you know what adjustments to make.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back