The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

s-afc setting with 2g maf????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sick91tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2004
pipersville, Pennsylvania
ok im goning to be puttin a 2g maf in my 1991 tsi very soon and what i wanted to know before i get strated is when i go to start my car do i have to change the setting on my s-afc from karaman to hot wire. or just leve it as is, i was kinda in a fog about this situatuon. thank for the help guys. if you need to know what i have done its in my profile. thanks alot :thumb:

Both the 1G and the 2G MAS are karman so leave the setting as is. Also, I do not see injectors in your mod list. The 2G MAS will make your car run leaner. About 20% leaner. I would not advise installing the 2G MAS until you get larger injectors. If you do not have a logger, and/or an EGT gauge, DO NOT INSTALL THE 2G MAS!!! You will run the risk of damaging the motor due to a lean condition won't even know it's happening until you are left stranded somewhere.

Brian

opps i guess i havent updated my profile lateley-cant spell, i do have a data loggetr, a 225 fuel pump and im running 94 octane, do i still need bigger injectors? everything i have read about installing a 2g maf said nothin about usally needing bigger injectors. any more help would be great thanks, karl :confused:

opps i guess i havent updated my profile lateley-cant spell, i do have a data loggetr, a 225 fuel pump and im running 94 octane, do i still need bigger injectors. everything i have read about installing a 2g maf said nothin about usally needing bigger injectors. any more help would be great thanks, karl :confused:

I Agree with Boosted

..Having previously ran a 2G MAS with a set of 510cc injectors, I was still running real lean (fuel trims were about 120-130)... The only way that I was able to keep it in my car was to block off the lower section of the 2G MAS, and that almost did it (but remember, that was on 510 injectors). -I would wait until I got either 550-560 injectors and do it at the same time, and/or get an SAFC to nurse you by, but ultimately, you will still need larger injectors and an EPROM upgrade to make it reliable since the SAFC will only band-aid the problem, but in turn will give you a greater timing advance that will lead you back into knock.

:talon:

Also your 255 fuel pump and no AFPR is going to make tuning a PITA because you are overflowing you stock fpr as a result your tuning will be inconsistent. Do a search on 2GMAS and 550 injectors. The saying around here is the 2GMAS on a 1G makes the car run 20% leaner then stock. 550 injectors flow about 20% more than stock. So you should be able to run 550s and a 2GMAS with no fuel management. Some people run this type of setup with no issues. The logger will tell you if this setup is truly okay or not.

Brian

well thanks for the answers guys, never herd anything on it running leaner so im gonna go and look into some injectors, i was planning on getting a afpr soon any how, i guess i will look into some 550s wile im at it, once agian thanks alot and if you guys have anymore intput its welcomed. karl

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back