The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

afc setting, almost stock 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
I know this is kinda of stupid, but I installed my afc, I don't have a logger or a egt. stock turbo and intercooler, wondering what would be good intial setting to get alitte more power.

leave it at flatline 0 until you get a datalogger... at least that is unless you would like to purchase a new engine in the near future ;) an AFC without a logger, or at BARE MINIMUM an EGT it like the blind person pushing a retard in a wheelchair around the edge of the grand canyon...

why did you get an afc before you got some of the other stuff? the stuff in the modification guide is in a general order for a reason... it's useless until you can monitor what you're doing ;)

Another newbie to the fuel tuning world here :)

I can understand his question tho. A lot of ppl told me to make sure I had a logger b4 trying to tune my SAFC, so that is the route I am taking, but I went ahead and hooked it up (tonight actually) anyways. And like this gentleman, I have been spending the night looking for initial settings for it. And like him, I am not heavily modded. After a couple hours at this researching, I've learned quite a bit :)

Anyways, I think what his question should have read was: "I have basically no mods, but a SAFC hooked up. Would it be ok to lean the car out 5% all the way? Is that conservative enough to not blow up the car, yet get some performance gains?"

I figured this out b/c that is the basic question I have been searching for and not found. What I did find is that "every car is different" b/c of all the varibles. Turbo size, injector size, maf hacked or not, blaha or not, pump rewire done, ect. Too many things to give this question a straight answer.

Anyways, if my 2 hr old experience can try to answer this question: No. There are no "safe" settings for the SAFC w/o the datalogger. Nothing that has been documented anyways. And even if there was a documentation on it, you would be advised to get the logger before actually performing the changes, b/c.... every car is different :D

RRE has a stock s-afc setting on there site (sept they remove the h/c's )

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back