The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rough gears? hard to get into reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgmtboarder

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 17, 2008
Bozeman, Montana
I had a new tranny put into my 91 tsi awd along with a competition clutch. its been great until recently. ive been driving it for about 2 or 3 months maybe more. Now im having to force it into first gear and third and fifth sometimes catch a little. And it starting to get very difficult to get into reverse. grinds everytime. if i double clutch it makes a big difference or if i pump the clutch. is this the slave cylinder?

ok ive bled the lines, and changed the slave cylinder and its not helping. its really hard to get into first gear. and grinds everytime going into reverse. is this something wrong with my tranny or what?

It sounds more like your clutch isn't fully disengaging, and I am currently going thru this myself.

Did you adjust the clutch pedal rod under the dash?

Is there a lot of free play at the pedal indicating worn bushings?

Have you messed with the shifter cables in the center console area at all? The bushings get really worn and sometimes you don't get the correct throw at the tranny. There is also an adjustment on one of the cables.

okay for anyone experiencing this kind of problem i have fixed it! im guess my master cylinder is going but i adjusted the clutch pedal under the dash and also shimmed the slave cylinder rod to extend it to the right point and my car has never shifted so nice in its life! works amazing now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back