The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

roll cage in a 92 talon

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FP3065TSI

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2008
Yakima valley, Washington
So one day me and my brother were bored we didnt know what to do to the talon since the block was being bored over and we come up with the idea to build a 6 point roll cage. So we set our minds to it and started to take measurements and started to get the parts together and made it. We made it possible within 3 days working on it. several hours a day. here's several picture to show you our work. Tell me what you think.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not bad.

Plan on painting it?

How funtional is all the interior pieces with it?
I plan on just buying the $200 kit from DSMParts, and welding er in.

I just want it to look clean without ripping out the interior for it.

yeah i plan on painting it black. It looks a little messy since i didnt clean the interior when i was taking the pics. I put the rear seat back in as well. I want it to seem as stock as possible. well in order for you to have the carpet intact you well have to remove some of the carpet since the welding plates have to be on for support. or just cut the carpet where the plates well go but then it well look bad like that.

The tubing looks a little weak but you did a good job putting it together. What tubing did you use?

I used 1 5/8 x 0.134 in. wall hrew tubing.

If you check out some more roll cages that's usually the wall thickness that they use. or what did you mean by weak? the design?

looks good........ yeah putting some paint on that bad boy would make it look even better

thanks!! it looks to flat like that, maybe putting some black will make it more of a texture. the only mistake that i possibly did was leave the stock seats in it. since when you make a roll cage you want to have the seats that you will be using in there to configure the cage better.:thumb:

Not bad.

Plan on painting it?

How funtional is all the interior pieces with it?
I plan on just buying the $200 kit from DSMParts, and welding er in.

I just want it to look clean without ripping out the interior for it.

If they make one for a 2g, I so want it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back