The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Rocky Mountain Race Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilslmj

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2018
Berwick, Pennsylvania
Not sure if it's anyone from here or not but I thought I'd ask. I seen on 1320 videos a 3000gt racing at bandamere. Believe he was running around 8.80. I was just curious. Here's a cpl screenshots along with the link. He's about 12:30 sec in and some more footage a little later in as well.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190618-204833_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-204833_YouTube.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20190618-204904_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-204904_YouTube.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20190618-204925_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-204925_YouTube.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20190618-204918_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-204918_YouTube.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 113
I have a lot of friends that are in it this year! I have done it the last two years but sadly my work schedule would not allow it this year. I will definitely be going next year as this event is the best race event I have ever done. I encourage anyone and everyone to try it! The people you meet and the whole experience is simply amazing!

I thought I saw a 3000GT but wasn’t positive. I’m a huge fan of Cleetus McFarland and his crew. PFI Speed and the Boostedboiz videos are usually my YouTube goto’s

I thought I saw a 3000GT but wasn’t positive. I’m a huge fan of Cleetus McFarland and his crew. PFI Speed and the Boostedboiz videos are usually my YouTube goto’s
Same here I usually always watch their videos myself.
Here's more coverage on the 3000gt.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah that thing is sick! It makes me always think about taking my car I’d have to pull a trailer with 3 extra transmissions, axles, complete engine just in case and basically do it for the experience. But then I realize what it cost and then I wake up from my beautiful dream. I have wondered about something like that but on the east coast maybe ending at DSM Shootout. Start at Bristol and work our way up. Be kinda sweet actually. Somebody with some credentials on here organize something for us poor DSM’s

Yeah that thing is sick! It makes me always think about taking my car I’d have to pull a trailer with 3 extra transmissions, axles, complete engine just in case and basically do it for the experience. But then I realize what it cost and then I wake up from my beautiful dream. I have wondered about something like that but on the east coast maybe ending at DSM Shootout. Start at Bristol and work our way up. Be kinda sweet actually. Somebody with some credentials on here organize something for us poor DSM’s
I used to drive my car from Phoenix to the shootout with a spare trans on the passenger floorboard every year.

To make it easier I just moved to Ohio.

The car is beautiful for sure! The build is top notch and I’ll be a fan as long as it’s out there. Hopefully they’re more nice 3000GT VR4’s out there running with the original engine/trans

Hey that's me! LOL. Yeah, we me and my boys are doing RMRW again this year. We might do the 10.0 class and just run street tires and pump gas so I have less crap to do at the track and just enjoy the trip and racing. Having the boys was extra work compared to others, but totally worth it!!! Also thinking about doing 8.50 class again and just drive it on slicks the whole time. Rained a lot last year though, but we did drive it on slicks quite a bit last year anyway because I got tired of swapping wheels back and forth. (starting in bandimere will require that I have an NHRA license to run 8.50's though, so that sucks. more time and money. time is the biggest challenge)

We have great memories from the trip and made great friends. Definitely recommend doing it or Drag week.

Hey that's me! LOL. Yeah, we me and my boys are doing RMRW again this year. We might do the 10.0 class and just run street tires and pump gas so I have less crap to do at the track and just enjoy the trip and racing. Having the boys was extra work compared to others, but totally worth it!!! Also thinking about doing 8.50 class again and just drive it on slicks the whole time. Rained a lot last year though, but we did drive it on slicks quite a bit last year anyway because I got tired of swapping wheels back and forth. (starting in bandimere will require that I have an NHRA license to run 8.50's though, so that sucks. more time and money. time is the biggest challenge)

We have great memories from the trip and made great friends. Definitely recommend doing it or Drag week.

I would asume you have forged internals in that LS motor to handle the boost right?

I do now. But ran 25psi on stock 5.3 internals. I have buddies running 30-40psi on stock 5.3 internals (need to have a big cam and turbos and keep the tq down, revs up and they hold a bunch of power). 5.3 record holder runs 4.60's in the 1/8 at 2600lbs. Stock 4.8 record holder runs 4.9x/7.80 at 2950lbs and 41psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back