The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Review: XTUNE 2g GSX/AWD 3" Cat-Back Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manufacturer Image:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got done installing this catback (along w/ a hi-flow cat [funny because I bought the cat a long time ago for my NT, but seller lied to me and it was for a turbo, now finally it comes out the closet and is being put to good use)])

Took alot longer than I expected, kept fumbling with tools trying to work with 5" of clearance from my chest to the underside of my car. Also my damn o2 sensor was being stubborn so I had to use vice grips and a hammer to beat it off (yes I applied penetrant about 4 times before doing this but it didn't help much). I also sheared off the cat bolts, but no need to easy-out since I'm gonna install another cat anyway.

I suggest going to a hobby shop and using a lift. It woulda saved me a ton of time.

Anyways onto the product. This Cat-Back kicks ass. It's VERY deep sounding; no rattling, farting, or bumble bee noises.

Pros:

• Cheap (Paid $249 Shipped on eBay)
  • 3 year warranty
  • AWESOME deep sounding tone
  • 3" piping
  • Big Shiny 4.5" Muffler

Cons:

• You are gonna need an extra exhaust gasket to connect to the cat (I just used Hi Temp Silicone RTV Gasket Maker)
  • Mid-pipe has 2.5" flanges (I guess they did this for better universal fitament for the stock/2.5" aftermarket cat)
  • Muffler mounting brackets ends need to be peened, clamped, etc. so the rubber hangers won't slip out (I used small hose clamps)
  • End bracket on muffler is facing |. The rubber hanger bracket hole is facing ---- . (I just tied the bracket to the rubber hanger bracket using metal strapping tape.)

Overall I'm very satisfied with this catback. The only thing that bugs me is the 2.5" mid-pipe flanges, but at least the piping is still 3" so later down the road when I feel like it I can just cut 'em off and weld some 3" flanges when I get a 3" downpipe.

----

Key for the attached image below:

1: Left shown flange has 2.5" flange, Right shown flange is 3"

2: Flange is 3", Muffler Tip is 4.5".

3: 4 bolts/nuts/washers, a 2.5" exhaust gasket, and 3" exhaust gasket.

4: Pipe: 2.5" flanges connected to 3" pipe.

5: ...so you have a more hands on feeling and visual on the size of this catback to offset the crappy attempt to include a measuring tape in this pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back