The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] Trouble up top

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Ok so here is what is happening. When I get on it, anything past 10 psi and it starts stumbling pretty bad. I can let off the gas and then get back into it and sometimes it is fine and sometimes it keeps messing up. My current mods list is a little off because I had to strip everything for a warranty repair. So here is my list. Intake, fmic, 255 walbro, 3" downpipe opened before the cat and that is all. I have a aeromotive fpr but have not put it back on yet. I am thinking to much fuel BUT it did not do this before when I didn't have it on and had the 255 in. The warranty work that was done was another motor with less miles on it than the one I have in there now. The old motor never did this. I am looking for direstions to head. Thank you for your help in advance, Keith.

Boost leak is possible.
However having had this happen to my car, have you happened to check the AFR's? You said you had bigger injectors and a 255, it's extremely plausible you're getting way too rich on heavy boost (i didn't see anything listed in your mods to control fuel with.)

Ok, like I said it is not a boost leak and I know how to do them properly. Thank you guys/gals very much for your input. I did figure it out last night. I replaced my plugs with new ones cause the ones in the moter they put in were not bpr6es. The gap on those were .040...LOL. I put in the 6es' and drove my car and it drove fine. It hicupped this morning on the way in a couple of times but I am thinking that it is because I also reset the ecu last night. THANK YOU ALL for your input!!!! You guys are great and so is tuners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back