The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

[RESOLVED] Question about fuel injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
How important are the black pieces that are on the end of the injector where it goes into the head? They are pte 1000's. The pieces are removable.

Here are some pictures.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The reason I ask is because I am in the process of changing my head and two of these are messed up.

I'm not talking about the seals. Here is a picture with the piece removed that I am talking about. Just compare this one to the other pictures.

You see where the end in this picture is chrome and in the other pictures the end is black?

I would email the people you bought em from to make sure.

If its there from the beggining, why take it off?

First post, "The reason I ask is because I am in the process of changing my head and two of these are messed up."

I would email the people you bought em from to make sure.

I sent pte a message right before I made this thread. They are closed on weekends though. So I will get my answer from them next week during work.

It appears that all they do is make the injectors slightly longer. I don't know if they are there for the spray pattern or what. The only thing I could see them doing is keeping the fuel together for a slightly longer time before the spray widens.

I sent pte a message right before I made this thread. They are closed on weekends though. So I will get my answer from them next week during work.

It appears that all they do is make the injectors slightly longer. I don't know if they are there for the spray pattern or what. The only thing I could see them doing is keeping the fuel together for a slightly longer time before the spray widens.

Well then yea in that case it would be smart to just wait for an answer from them, unless someone else with further knowledge can answer. I was going to guess that it has somethin to do with the way it sprays whent he fuel hits but im not sure exactly.

From what I have seen dsm injectors have a flared end on them and evo injectors are a straight design. The straight ones work in dsms and evos but the flared ones will not fit in an evo. I think your ok. I thought the flare was built in to the injector and non removable.

This is what pte had to say.

"On the Mitsu style injector there is a hockey-puck type spacer that seals it to the the head. Now that sleeve acts as a spacer, and it is important to have on there. The good news is that I sell a repair kit for those injectors. $15.99 will fix you right up."

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back