The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Removable Spyder Top

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 28, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
I have searched for others who have converted the spyder top into a one piece removable top. So far I have only found fiberglass conversions that werent removable.

yea, or just keep looking but i promise your gonna find other things.. Like right now im looking for a pixie glass hood for my 2g and there hella hard to get them made here in Texas

My top leaks and the support arms that pivot and keep tension on the top are all mangled up. I honestly thought someone else would have done this.

I was thinking more like a s2000 hard top cap. Only one I know is gixxerdrew I think had one made for his race car.

Gixxerdrew's is a permanent top now. They had to cut into the trunk (I think) for it to flow the way he wanted it to

I want to be able to remove it. I wonder how the latching mechanisms would work in the rear.

With enough duct tape and silly string, anything is possible :thumb:

I thought, and then read about using fiberglass to coat my current top. I then would have to figure out that whole latching deal I mentioned.

I have been looking for awhile for the same thing and haven't found anything yet. You think someone would have come up with a mold. If you find anything let me know cause I'm still trying to find a removable hard top too.

Your going to have to make one. No one has them for our cars. Now if someone makes one for a 3g Spyder, it may fit with or without modification.

Never thought about if a 3g one would fit or not. Good call I'm going to go look.

I know i was having a lot of issues with my soft top, until i got it replaced. They even hand fabbed the brackets that swivel right in the middle of the Doors. Fixed pretty much everything for me, i just need to get the velcro on the liner fixed.. but the hard top would be awesome, would prob cut down on the outside wind sounds as well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back