The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rebuilt motor no start. Timing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apedog

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2009
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
Im trying to start my rebuilt motor but it will not turn over. But now heres my question. When the motor is at tdc should the mark at the crank be at 5* or the T?

Seems like when I put the crank at 5* the head is off one tooth but when the crank is on T the head marks line up.

Have spark
Have compression
Have fuel

Well fuel I can smell it which is probably a good and bad thing but im actually not sure how to test that ha. And for spark I took each wire off, put a screwdriver near it on the car body and saw spark on all 4 plugs. Now idk if it enough spark but there deffinetly is.

When you are putting the belts on the crank should be at T with first cylinder at TDC. When you say it's not turning over I'm guessing you mean its not wanting to start/fire since you said you checked compression? Pull the fuel rail and see if there is spray from the injectors when you turn the engine over.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back