The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Archived REBUILT 8-blade 56/83mm Holset HX35 Turbo Supercore

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusMX141

Dec 13, 2005
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Up for sale is an 8-blade 56/83mm Holset HX35 turbocharger supercore (CHRA & cover). This quick-spooling turbo has the capability of generating 55 lb/min of airflow on a proper setup and will fit into any of the popular housing sizes made for the HX35.

The turbo received a full rebuild including a new rotor group and rebalance in-house. The v-band on the compressor outlet has already been ground down and is ready to accept a 2.5" coupler and clamp. I'm including a new 4AN fitting for the oil feed line as well.

Not-included but available from me would be a good, used 12cm2 divided T3-flanged OEM Holset turbine housing- this is the smallest housing available for the HX35 from Holset. When properly set up with a full twin-scroll manifold, this turbo can generate positive manifold pressure with as low as 3000rpms. These housings generally do not fit DSM applications without extensive modification and use of a manifold which allows adequate block clearance. Again, this housing is not included in the price but would be available for anyone interested for a nominal fee which covers prep/cleanup of the housing, welding the wastegate flapper shut, and the additional shipping.

Bullseye Power also offers two turbine housings depending on your goals....their DSM bolt-on housing allows this turbo to be bolted to your stock manifold and full boost should be reached at around 3800-4200 RPMs depending on displacement, compression, and supporting mods. The T3 .70 A/R turbine housing will add a few hundred RPMs from your spool time, but will allow the HX35 compressor to reach it's fullest potential. I do not have any Bullseye housings, nor do I have the time to source the best deal on one for you....sourcing an aftermarket housing is the responsibility of the buyer.

Proper oil supply and drainage is crucial for the Holset center housing. This turbo must be supplied with no more than 72psi of oil pressure under load or you risk causing oil-related damage to the turbo for which I will not accept responsibility. The oil drain must be as straight as possible, have no kinks, and must not dip below the fitting on the oil pan at any point. Improper oil drainage will over-oil the cartridge and cause damage that is not covered by any type of warranty service. Proper installation is required- if you don't know what you're doing and you damage the turbo in some way during installation, I will not replace the parts that you damaged under warranty.

Price is just $385 SHIPPED for this turbo to the lower 48 states only- I cannot ship to Canada or Internationally. Please note that you WILL need a turbine housing to use this turbo which is not included in the price.

Paypal, money order, or cashiers check is accepted; the buyer will be responsible for any fees associated with submitting / receiving the payment. All interested parties can contact me via Private Message here on Tuners or via email at [email protected]. Priority given by order of contact.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back