The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Rebuild finished, but won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoopySLR

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2002
Highland, Michigan
Will people... I got the motor installed. I turned the key and.... nothing.....

I jumped the battery cause I believe it was low, still nothing.

I've tested and have fuel pressure and spark. The motor is spinning good, nice and smooth. I get short blurpy backfires every 10-15 turn overs, but only one.

Tomorrow I'm getting some fresh fuel for it.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what it could be? I'm going to be trying everything I can think of tomorrow.

Thanks!

SnoopySLR said:
Will people... I got the motor installed. I turned the key and.... nothing.....

I jumped the battery cause I believe it was low, still nothing.

I've tested and have fuel pressure and spark. The motor is spinning good, nice and smooth. I get short blurpy backfires every 10-15 turn overs, but only one.

Tomorrow I'm getting some fresh fuel for it.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what it could be? I'm going to be trying everything I can think of tomorrow.

Thanks!
check the plug wires making sure they are where they are supposed to be.

the 420a wires are near impossible to mix up. The wires fit one way... I'm sure there are people who messed it up, but I'm not one of them. Thanks for the suggestion though

Got your cams indexed right? Throw one 180* out and you open all 16 valves at the same time. No compression. Might be a good idea to check your compression, come to think of it. If you're running stock cam gears (doubting it from your sig), you should have the words on the intake gear right side up and the words on the exhaust gear up side down.

Good luck. This is where it can drive you insane...

I'm 99% sure have the cams right, but I'll take a look. I have AEM Adjustable cam gears. I'm going to check all my engine grounds too... possible one isn't connecting right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back