The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Rear defrost - any way to test?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi1991awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2008
Puyallup, Washington
So yesterday morning my rear defrost worked just fine. And then when I was coming home from work, it wasn't working. It baffles me that it would stop working and then later in the night, my oil pressure gauge stopped working LOL

Just my luck. So is there any way to test it and see if it actually went out, or do I just have to buy another module?

A test light or a volt meter & check your fuses.
+1

pull the two leads from the defroster put your volt meter on them, turn on the defroster up front & see what voltage you're getting 12+/- 2. (check your fuses if no voltage) Then turn the defroster off, remove the leads from the spade connectors. Switch to ohms & put the leads on the tabs from the defroster on the rear glass. should get some sort of reading, not "open." I've actually been wanting to do this, not because the defroster's broken, but because i'm going to have the tint redone & want to ensure when the shop pulls it off that no defroster lines are damaged.

good luck.

Ill give that a shot when I get home. Is the defroster fuse by the drivers kick panel or under the hood?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back