The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Rays Wheel Restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlikethedrink

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2007
ABQ, New_Mexico
I picked up a set of Rays Versus Campionato SS6 wheels up. I got them for cheap and am planning to to refinish them to clean them up to possibly re sell.
They’re not as desirable and other styles or fitments but I thought they would fit my “build” goals and I can keep my evo8 wheels too.

my question is: are they worth keeping the original gunmetal color or would painting them have a negligible effect on resale? Or should I keep them as original as possible to maintain any, if any, collectibility?

17x7 +42
Rays “Vesta” Versus Campionato SS6 in gunmetal made in 1999 little rash, no bends and all caps are there

input and ideas welcome

Attachments

• 421259DD-402D-497E-9185-EADC47A6C66D.jpeg
    421259DD-402D-497E-9185-EADC47A6C66D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
They don’t look bad. I wouldn’t recommend painting them since they look like they’re in decent shape. I painted my wheels but they chipped in a few spots. The right way is to powdercoat them. Idk if that’ll affect the resale valve

I would say powder coat would be better for resale than paint would be. Plus the results will be better and last longer.

They’re not bad shape. Minor rash. But for 20 year old wheels I was impressed myself.

I’ll look into powdercoating. There’s a few shops around here.

so color change would be a big no no I guess?

Hey , why not hold your money and offer them as is or will power coat to the buyers specification .. That way you get your money and if they want them powder coated they pay the difference . I`d love to have those rims but we live way to far apart to even go there …. I would power coat silver or if they are a magnesium rim maybe a polish to look chrome .Check out my back rim ..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That’s not a bad idea. Honestly I wouldn’t mind keeping them either. Which is why I’m thinking about refinishing them and installing. Other than gun metal I was leaning towards silver. though I’ve read gun metal was their least common color.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back