The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rally 2Gs Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchellling14

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2009
millersburg, Ohio
Thinking about building a rally 2g. Does any one have some pics of there builds I already know my motor, cage, drivetrain plans but need some inspiration on looks. I will have a front bar with lights and possibly a top bar with two. So if you got pics of your build or just some others you like post away. 1gs are accepted to LOL but only rally cars.

You don't want to build a 2G for rally. The double balljoint front suspension is totally inappropriate for it versus the 1G Phearsome front struts.

already seen these actually if you look under autocross I had a dirt car build.

You don't want to build a 2G for rally. The double balljoint front suspension is totally inappropriate for it versus the 1G Phearsome front struts.

I like 1g better but I can get a killer deal on 2g that just needs motor and tranny that was truly built for 600hp. I had a 2g 420a so I know there suspension set up isn't as good and I've thought about trying to trade it for a 1g shell.

The 2g front split damper fork is too weak for performance rally. All of the very few I've seen broke it (and/or the double ball joint) by stage 2 and all have learned that lesson to never again return with a 2g! Even the ones that reinforced it broke. I've been in performance rally many years. You've been warned!

However I can give you plans for my light bar if you wish. Just send me a pm with email address that accepts attachments.

The 2g front split damper fork is too weak for performance rally. All of the very few I've seen broke it (and/or the double ball joint) by stage 2 and all have learned that lesson to never again return with a 2g! Even the ones that reinforced it broke. I've been in performance rally many years. You've been warned!

However I can give you plans for my light bar if you wish. Just send me a pm with email address that accepts attachments.

But you do have a 2g for rally right?

How did you overcome those problems you mentioned, would like to know more.

Thanks

How did you overcome those problems you mentioned, would like to know more.

Thanks

Driving around in the snow != Rally.

Killer deal or not, you are wasting your time with a multi-link front suspension!

So then it would be ok for snow rally but not for any other type, if any other type was the suspension changed or modified.

Are there aftermarket solutions for that or it is just a lost cause.

I use my 2g for Time-Speed-Distance rallies (winter and summer). My performance rally car was not a DSM. 1g DSM works great for performance rally however (although they usually got beat by WRX and other newer more hp brands once they started to appear on the scene). 2g suspension just can't handle the pounding a performance or stage (eg. logging road) rally requires. I've never seen any aftermarket suspension that survives on a 2g for this case - it's pretty much a lost cause. I agree, stay away from multi-link front suspension for a performance rally car. [It's also very difficult to find any frame to bolt a skid plate into on a 2g.]

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, although though by many to be an excellent suspension I am still not convinced, even for road racing which is my bag of peanuts.

Always been interested in rally, that is why I stay tuned to these threads.

Ive seen them pics and that thread I love that thread thanks for sharing it.

I use my 2g for Time-Speed-Distance rallies (winter and summer). My performance rally car was not a DSM. 1g DSM works great for performance rally however (although they usually got beat by WRX and other newer more hp brands once they started to appear on the scene). 2g suspension just can't handle the pounding a performance (eg. logging road) rally requires. I've never seen any aftermarket suspension that survives on a 2g for this case - it's pretty much a lost cause. I agree, stay away from multi-link front suspension for a performance rally car. [It's also very difficult to find any frame to bolt a skid plate into on a 2g.]

I might just take your warning on this because I will be pretty hard on it. I could get this car and trade it for a 1g pretty easy I just know who ever gets it through trade will get the better end of the trade. I know a lot more about 1g any ways I've built the n/a cars for a few years now for dirt track use. I do like your light bar though.

cars already gone plus I have the car and motor already. Your cars my favorite car out of all the 1gs I've seen though. I've commented on your journal before love how you built the front bumper LOL pure creativity.

You saying that 2G is sold? I was just going to post the the timing belt is back on and there is youtube video of it running after the head gasket was replaced recently.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xlx4wjhSg8]12/14 - 1996 Eagle Talon Rally Car - Finished Engine - YouTube[/ame]

More info here:

1996 Eagle Talon Rally Car - Amazing Cage, Built 4G63T, $3500

There is a 1G in MD that is for sale. May need cage updates, needs some electrical work, was tracked by Pastrana's cousin and built and rallied by Nui Srisook and Scott Wilburn. Here is old pic I have of it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back