1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Radiator Hose with Picture question??

Posted by RayBan GST, Sep 29, 2009

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    hi all,

well i just got my hand on this Blue Radiator Hose from the scrap yard and was just wondering what is this BOLT DOING on it ? have you ever seen a radiator hose with bolt on it? its not put there by someone at all, as the design is like that , it has a hole where this bolt fits in. ??

can you please let me know its for what exactly is it for connecting a Temp gauge??

i got so many parts from this scrap eclipse thank god finally i found some parts :sneaky:

NOTE THE CIRCLE ON THE PICTURE IS FOR SOMETHING ELSE. :nono: as this is the only pic i have.

Attached Files:

698  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Dewayne Waldron

Dewayne Waldron Proven Member

Joined Apr 5, 2009
    Salem, Virginia
    You can use this for a temperature gauge.

446  0

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 1G DSM
  3. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    temp gauge would be my guess ### i dont see any point in having a bleed valve there.

and i couldn't tell if you were asking what the circled thing was, but it looks like a ghetto fabulous boost leak tester.

4. greddy_1700

greddy_1700 Proven Member

Joined Aug 27, 2006
    Regina, SK, Canada
    Ummm, the circled part is for his recirc tube from the BOV that he is clearly not using... Apparently someone thought it would be smart to vent the BOV rather than recircing it on a completely stock setup...

Anyways, that hole in your rad hose is for a temperature sensor/sending unit for a water temperature gauge.

5. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    its way far away position for a tempreture sensor gauge unit at that area , if i install a temp guage i should plug it in there and run it all the way above the engine bay???? does anyone have pictures of such a hose with a sending unit on it???

thanks

698  0

manual · 2G DSM
  6. Dewayne Waldron

Joined Apr 5, 2009
    Salem, Virginia
    I don't have a picture, but I've seen it done. My buddy's is the exact same and he used it for his Defi link.

446  0

· 1G DSM
  7. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    so shall i just remove the bolt and plug the gauge unit and then put the bolt back in and tighten it ??

thanks

698  0

manual · 2G DSM
  8. Dewayne Waldron

Joined Apr 5, 2009
    Salem, Virginia
    Does your existing temerature gauge unit work?

446  0

· 1G DSM
  9. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    yes the stock one works fine i just want to install a real one with numbers , so shall i just do what i mentioned before ?

698  0

manual · 2G DSM
  10. Dewayne Waldron

Joined Apr 5, 2009
    Salem, Virginia
    Go for it.:thumb:

446  0

· 1G DSM
  11. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    oh. is the 2g intake that different from the 1g. i havent ever looked under the hood of a 2g.

12. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    yes its totally different

i made some searches after you told me about the hose and the temp unit it turned out to be a BLITZ hose with 75471 number. COOOLLLLL:cool:

698  0

manual · 2G DSM
  13. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 13, 2003
    glorious Galt, California
    The bolt is a bleeder. It's unnecessary on a DSM. You won't find a sender that'll fit that small a hole.

The circled cap is where the idiot disconnected his BOV recirculation tube because the zoomy-zoomy whoosh sounded so cool. Put "Venting" in the Search box and read all 500 threads about why it's bad for a DSM. Unless you want it to be in a junk yard.

3K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  14. RayBan GST

RayBan GST Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2007
    DUBAI UAE, Asia
    thank man for the info on the bleeder, however for the other BOV recirculaiton tube i really know what is it and thats why i mentioned in my first post about it. thanks anyway.:rocks:

698  0

manual · 2G DSM