The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Quietest exhaust out there?

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mistaspakles

20+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2002
Minneapolis_MN
Looking to replace my N1 with another exhaust. I'm looking for one that won't make my girlfriend yell at me everytime she gets in my car. Still looking for 3" exhaust, but I don't need a 4 1/2' tip. Anyone know of any quiet exhausts out there?

Quiet=small=stock. Sorry man, you can drive a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder that makes 400 HP and gets 25 MPG on the highway, but you cannot have it quiet too.

Greddy exhausts are usually more quite than the others on the market. When it comes down to it, most exhausts really aren't that loud. You get used to it anyway. External dumps are really f*cking loud though. Mostly if you got the stock downpipe on there, the aftermarket exhuast won't be that loud. I got an Apexi and love it.

Rob:thumb:

i have RRE 2.5-3" after flex downpipe to 3" high flow cat to 3" greddy power extreme catback.. its pretty quiet.. but sounds nice.. but then agian. one person's quiet can be another person's loud

If your exhuast is too loud right now just put in a resanator or two and it will be quiet. That is how the rsr is so quiet mine has two resanators on it.

3 inch glaspacks will work really good and dont hinder the flow very much.

I have the resanator but that necks it down to 2" inches and would rescrict my exhaust flow. I think the 115mm(4 1/2" tip) makes the exhaust so loud. I want an exhaust where the tip is the same size as the exhaust (preferably 3 inches).

P.S. I used to have the Greddy Evo and that is not a quiet exhaust.

Did you have the Greddy EVO on your turbo DSM or on another car? I have the Greddy EVO and it is the quietest aftermarket exhaust I've ever heard. I've even seen tests in more than one magazine showing it to be the quietest aftermarket exhaust, it is actually louder while idling than it is while cruising down the highway. My Greddy EVO exhaust got a little bit louder at WOT after I installed a high flow cat, but it is still the quietest and lowest pitched exhaust I've heard for our cars.

Originally posted by Mistaspakles
I have the resanator but that necks it down to 2" inches and would rescrict my exhaust flow. I think the 115mm(4 1/2" tip) makes the exhaust so loud. I want an exhaust where the tip is the same size as the exhaust (preferably 3 inches).

P.S. I used to have the Greddy Evo and that is not a quiet exhaust.

How loud are HKS systems? Im guessing really loud. So you guys recommend the Apexi Dunk? I too dont want a really loud 3 inch.

Got an HKS Turbo exhaust (60mm) and it's quiet. It's only slightly louder than stock when it's idling and decelarating. Cruising speeds and normal driving speeds are stock sounding. In fact, even at WOT its still not as loud as when it's decelarating.

i have a hyper and its very quiet till the wastegate opens and even then its still very quiet

well a proven method that i know works is 1st buy a 3" downpipe of your choice it does not matter, 2ndly go to your local exhaust/muffler shop and order up some 3" piping preferably enough piping to eliminate the catalytic, and have them Flange it for you that costs around $70-100 just depends. AND LASTLY buy a "BORLA" muffler these are kinda expensive rangine from $150-200 buy the 3" inlet and 3" outlet THis muffler does not sacrifice FLOW or performance it is top notch straight through design. ANYways THIS setup sounds exactly like STOCK exhaust even in high RPMS and you can feel the horsepower gain over stock its massive.. hopes this helps this has been done on 2 of my friends GSX's a GST and my other friends 240sx(silvia engine) conversion i and going this same route as i write this i should have myne up and installed in 2 weeks but its very quiet and max flowing performance if you dont care about brand names such as apexi or greddy. hopes this helps some of you:thumb:

hey i had my car recently towed away by state police cause my muffler is too loud. i have 3"down pipe, 3"cat, and piping to thermal research muffler. he says it sounded like a semi but all he saw was my car..LOL.. i saw this post and thought this was my best route. how is the sound level now? i wanted to make my exhaust quieter with little compromise to the HP. would any 3" in/out borla muffler work? i need to be able to drive next to state police with less paranoia. if i can keep it quiet under 4k rpm it would be nice but is that possible when you're putting down 320+whp? thanks for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back