The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Quick TOB question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
My tranny started making a noise and the clutch starting slipping pretty bad. While looking at the tranny a notice it was pushed away from the block. So I tightened down the bottom and top bolts (forgetting about the small 12mm on the back of the motor). It sounded and drove much better for a day, then again pushed itself away from the block. Remembered about the small 12mm and sure enough it was backed out. I tightened it down and its holding up fine. In the process though, I think I ruined my 3 month old OEM TOB. I can hear it rattling around until I press the clutch in and the sound goes away. To be certain though, can I inspect the TOB in any way through the grommet around the clutch fork?

Not really. You would need to pull the tranny.

Another major concern would be a cracked block at the front lower mounting ear.

Yea I inspected the block and didnt see any cracking at all. I appreciate the help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back