The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Question about big brake upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchmagnet

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2004
Crown Point, Indiana
I'm just wonding, and I have been doing alot of research since I'm about to do the brake upgrade, if I get the 2piston 2g instead of the 1g 2pistion calipers, do I need to get 2g brake lines as well? Because I am getting SS brake lines when I do the upgrade, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what I would need to get. I dont have the calipers yet or the lines, just checking incase I end up getting 2g calipers. I know there are banjo bolts on some of the 2g calipers, but are ALL the 2g calipers banjo bolts?
thanks,
-ditchmagnet

yes, i know i need new lines, im planning on that. my question is what lines would i need to get? lines made for a 2g awd or 1g awd. will 2g awd lines fit on my 91? and do all 2g calipers have banjo bolts?

I meant to say ou will want 2G lines with 2G calipers. The 2G calipers have banjo bolts like you said. The lines are all interchangable, you just need to get the ones that work with the calipers you have.

If you have a 1g, you will need 1g lines because to my knowledge they are longer than the 2g. Now as far as the banjo fittings, you will need to call RRE and see if they have the 1g lines with a banjo fitting. I know they have 2g lines with both screw in and banjo, they may have the same option for 1g's.

If you cant make any headway there, you can purchase stainless lines from AN plumbing. all you need to do is measure the length of the line, and see what size banjo is on the caliper. I think the banjo is 12mm. Your hard line thread is 10mm X 1.0.

Yeah pretty much, they are the same. I have the 1g dual pistons from a 91 stealth N/A. They have the screw in lines. Got a great deal on them and they werent that bad at all as far as rust. Actually not rusty at all but they came from Florida. I cleaned them up to the point they would meet Steve's standards and painted them nice black.

I highly recommend them.

Terry

The calipers I used came off a 92 Diamante and like the NA 3S calipers used the standard 1G brake line fittings. The SS hoses came from RRE. I sandblasted and stripped the calipers down and used a factory rebuild kit for seals and boots. The caliper paint was the two-part polyurethane from G2.

Steve

I just used 93+ calipers no brackets or anything needed straight bolt on for my 91.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

though I had to get the bigger rotors for a 93+ when I ordered my Brembo's

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back