The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

big brake upgrade question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyboost

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 23, 2003
IowaUS
I can get a pretty sweet deal on a 2g brake setup to upgrade from my tiny 92 rotors and single piston calibers. There is only one problem the 2g setup has the banjo bolt instead of the normal threaded fitting. The guy says he will include some 2g lines but will those work for me or not? What are some other options that will make it work for my 1g?

Correct. To use the 2nd gen awd calipers on a 1st gen you just need the 2nd gen front lines. All 2nd gens use the same front lines.

I just read somewhere that 2g brake lines would not fit my 1g without some extra parts. Has anyone else adapted 2g calibers and lines to their 1g? thanks guys

So the guy said he will give me his lines off of the gsx. Will they bolt on to my 1g without any problems? Or is there some special SS lines i can buy somewhere? thanks in advance

As that link pointed out, if you buy a set of N/A stealth brakes from say a 1991; the calipers will use the screw in style line like you have. I am currently working with a set of those now but mine is a 2g.

If you would rather go with a single brake line on all 4 corners you can get custom lines from ANPlumbling.com. Your hard brake line thread is a 10mmX1.0, sam with the screw in fitting and you can get the lines in lengths from 6" to 46" for an average of 20.00 per line.

I have not personally compared the 1g lines and 2g lines but to my understanding the 1g lines are much longer, the reason for the 8 line kit.

Hope this helps

Terry

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back