The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Put GM MAF on now car is idling at 3k help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
90 AWD with 3" GM maf blow thru style.

I have just a filter on the turbo

Filter on the valve cover

I have the MAFT and everything is zero'd out....I didn't hook up the white wire cuz I wasnt intending on tuning with this just wanted to get it running. But will this cause the car to crank up at 3k?

Pls help give me any advice im not familiar with the MAFT

ACtually, you need to tap the white wire into your cas to the skinnier black wire, I believe it is the second wire. the purple wire is the wire that you do not hafto hook up. try fixing that first and see if it makes a difference.

ACtually, you need to tap the white wire into your cas to the skinnier black wire, I believe it is the second wire. the purple wire is the wire that you do not hafto hook up. try fixing that first and see if it makes a difference.

no. you only need they white wire if you want to make rpm specific changes. For the base settings you dont need the white wire. I know this for a fact becuase i dont have my white wire hooked up. The purple wire is for if your using nitrous.

Nautica985 said:
no. you only need they white wire if you want to make rpm specific changes. For the base settings you dont need the white wire. I know this for a fact becuase i dont have my white wire hooked up. The purple wire is for if your using nitrous.

I too am running a similar setup.

make sure you have the sensor mounted right, play around with your throttle cable especially if you have cruise control(if i just bump mine the idle goes up), try lowering the idle with the adjustment screw and try resetting your ecu. I really dont think the maft is causing the high idle, try searching for a high idle.

What direction should the sensor be?

Yah i had to run my throttle cables all goofy cuz of my piping so I will check that in the morning it might be tugging on it.

Look on the side of your Maf and there should be an arrow on it. This is the airflow direction. The arrow should point to your tb.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back