The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

PTE 5557 Turbo Vs 16G tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5558DSM

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2012
Walkerton, ON_Canada
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has any tuning experience swapping a 16g to a larger turbo such as mine, a 5557 journal bearing. I recently did the swap and am finding that the power difference has me very dissapointed. The 16g was running 22lbs with up to 19 degrees advance at WOT with zero knock. The 5557 cant seem to get any more than about 13 or 14 degrees without knocking and the power difference is a very slight edge for the 5557. I am running 91 pump gas with washer fluid injection. Does this seem normal or is there an aspect of tuning I am ignoring such as needing to up fuel preesure ect. I never changed the tuning much other than timing and afr tuning to keep it around 11.2:1. The only way I have measured difference is 70-90 times which went from 2.9sec to 2.7sec. Any help would be appreciated.

Ya it all depended on how long the car idled while I was checking logs but they were similar.

Thanks for replies I am heading out for a while. Need to figure out how to post log also. I will try tomorrow.

If fuel ever sat in the tank it could be a little less volatile I guess. My bosses EVO would run like shit on three week old 93oct.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back