1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Project talon troubleshooting

Posted by Poundtown87, Feb 7, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Poundtown87

Poundtown87 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Del city, Oklahoma
    Check out my profile. I bought this 95 talon esi and was hoping for insight where to begin. Guy sad he rebuilt the engine which and it ran fine then one day wouldnt start. I spent $500 on this car so it was begging to be a project. I did notice a plug hanging down around the oil filter so that and a new battery.

Attached Files:

Street Build 114  1

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. 93xsg

93xsg Proven Member

Joined Jul 3, 2011
    Sequim, Washington
    You have a new battery, assuming it cranks over? Is it cranking good, fast enough? Does it make any attempts to fire up? You can try a small squirt of starter fluid in the intake, and attempt to start to rule out fuel.

I like the K.I.S.S method with cars, keep it simple stupid. Its likely something very simple, start with that plug you said. Could be the issue right there, look around and try to find where it goes, use some common sense, its usually pretty easy to find if you try.

391  1

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Poundtown87

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Del city, Oklahoma
    I appreciate the reply and that will be my first route its just to cold so i figured i could get a good plan while i cant do much LOL

Street Build 114  1

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    since you posted the question about the plug in the wrong section, i'll answer it here.
    Its probably the crank senor plug. I say probably because the VSS, coil pack and cam sensor also use the same plug.

20190210_140547-jpg.jpg

tametalon92 likes this.
  5. Poundtown87

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Del city, Oklahoma
    Ty for the reply sorry im still navigating the forums

Street Build 114  1

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    i just noticed your car is a 95 so that plug is not the original. (see HERE)

7. Poundtown87

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Del city, Oklahoma
    Your right i found the splice.. And i found this sensor that didnt have a plug.

Attached Files:

Street Build 114  1

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. Poundtown87

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Del city, Oklahoma
    Ok so i read what you suggested and the good news is i think he has the new style plug on there i just need to get a new crankshaft position sensor and then ill turn her over for the first time!!! Excited to get that first start under my belt

Street Build 114  1

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM