The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Precision Industries Torque Converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_HEATH

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
So I spoke with Precision Industries today, They are going to look into making me a torque converter for my 1G AWD. I'll let ya'll know and maybe get them to start making them again if enough people are interested.

They said yes. $850 and some change 9.5" Billet nonlockup converter with a 5 year warrenty and a free restall anytime within that 5 years.

So I spoke with Precision Industries today, They are going to look into making me a torque converter for my 1G AWD. I'll let ya'll know and maybe get them to start making them again if enough people are interested.

They said yes. $850 and some change 9.5" Billet nonlockup converter with a 5 year warrenty and a free restall anytime within that 5 years.

No Way! Very Excellent news that they finally caved in and are willing to do a 1g converter again.

I wonder how many of us have called them and asked for a 1g converter in the last year?

Thanks for posting this news, and keep us updated.

John-

Big news if they do !! He told me never gonna happen a couple years ago....Their reason for not building them anymore made no sense to me....

I made sure to clarify that is was for the 90-94 W4A33 transmission and he said yes they would build me one for the W4A33 AWD Turbo transmission. I'll be ordering parts to do a big upgrade to my Talon here in about a week, now I have to see where my budget is and hopefully I can squeeze this in. Anyone want to buy an IPT restalled converter???

If I remember correctly, there is no core needed since its all brand new...Is that still true ?

Nevermind folks, after placing my order and was confermed that is was for a 1G W4A33 transmission the sales guy called me back and said the owner changed his mind and that they won't make them anymore for reasons unknown except they had some issues with them in the past.

Well that freaking sucks a fat one. Guess I need to get in touch with Sinister Speed now, unless anyone knows of a better place to get a 1G converter for a serious HP built for drag racing DSM.

bradco converters is what the cdub guys use. $1000+ though

$1200 and up to two month wait OMG
With the success that Deric has been having,, 9.7#s, 2.0, no nos... Sinister is back on track after the learning curve....

I have an IPT currently, but not sure if it will work or be up to the task of my 750+awhp goal with the new setup. FP3794, big cams, blah blah blah.

Thanks for the heads up on Bradco, I tried finding a website on them but could only find a facebook page. If anyone has more information on them let me know. I'd like to get in touch with them and talk about getting a converter.

Thank you for any more information.

I have an IPT currently, but not sure if it will work or be up to the task of my 750+awhp goal with the new setup. FP3794, big cams, blah blah blah.

Thanks for the heads up on Bradco, I tried finding a website on them but could only find a facebook page. If anyone has more information on them let me know. I'd like to get in touch with them and talk about getting a converter.

Thank you for any more information.

You have to talk to Jesse if you want info on the Bradco converter. $1200 plus core. Loose down low and tight up top from what he's said. I'm definitely considering it for next season.

I sent Darren Thomas and Jesse messages on Facebook about the bradco converters. Just waiting for a reply. I also contated Bradco on FB since I couldn't find a webpage on them. They deffinately seem to be the best to go with looking at their work. Hopefully I'll hear something back soon and get one ordered.

Talked to Brad from bradco today. I should have a converter in a couple weeks.

Hopefully this is the last converter I'll ever have to buy.

Talked to Brad from bradco today. I should have a converter in a couple weeks.

Are you anticipating using nos to get-up on the converter ? Will you be able to run your car this year to see how it does ? Was the price what you expected and did you have to go through Jessie ?
Can't wait to see how it does...:)

I talked to Brad about all of this.

1. I don't plan on street driving my car as it build for racing. I'd hate to dump all of this money into it just to get hit by someone, also I don't think a car making 700+whp is safe to drive on the streets.

2. Nitrous, I told Brad that I would probably use a direct port kit (either dry or wet) to help it get up quickly. So he is going to reinforce the cover to help prevent ballooning.

3. I probably won't have the car back together and going until after Christmas.

4. I didn't go through Jesse, I contacted Brad directly. Price wise, yes its deffinately the most expensive converter for a DSM hands down. But I'm confident in Brad after talking to him that the converter will do everything I want out of it so in the long run it will be worth it.

I was told by Precision that they stopped making the 1G converter because there was 3 different converters used in the 1G trannies. Has anyone ever had an issue with one converter not fitting in another 1G tranny?

I was told by Precision that they stopped making the 1G converter because there was 3 different converters used in the 1G trannies. Has anyone ever had an issue with one converter not fitting in another 1G tranny?

Nope, I've had four different combinations of 1g automatics go through my garage, no fitment challenges when swapping parts around.

John-

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back