The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Popping out of gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoriftoTSi

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2002
Portland, Oregon
Recently my car has been popping out of first gear. When i'm at a dead stop and try to get moving, the car makes a loud pop and it ends up getting out of first and into neutral. It doens't happen often but every once and a while, it's become annoying because i dont know when or if it'll happen.
Anyone have any ideas to why?

if it's not the shifter linkage adjustment on vfaq.com, you
re tranny needs a rebuild. It happened to mine, the gear face was screwed up and wouldn't hold the gear anymore, it was caused by the shift rails being out of spec and only half engaging the synchro....these trannies suck.

Probally your syncro is on the way out. Mine has been doing that evey once and awhile as well. I switched to BG syncroshift and it did help but in no way did it cure it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back