1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

performance shops?

Posted by tsikohl, Jul 7, 2012

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. tsikohl

tsikohl Probationary Member

Joined Jul 7, 2012
    watertown, New York
    i just moved to the area not too long ago and was wondering if there was a shop around that could work on my 97 gsx.. its stock. but im having some problems with the boost. if anyone knows a shop that can work on my car and be able t figure it out please let me know.

2. chithook

chithook Probationary Member

Joined Jul 6, 2012
    Ft.Drum, New York
    what kind of boost issues are you having?Techforce Automotive out of Bridgeport is the only close place I know of.

3. tsikohl

Joined Jul 7, 2012
    watertown, New York
    o, overboosting badly... im completely stock.. wastegate is hooked up correctly.

4. chithook

Joined Jul 6, 2012
    Ft.Drum, New York
    mine was over boostin but only 3 to 6 psi. i had to tighten some of my intercooler piping and it stopped. but im running a big 16g i dont know if that makes a difference.

5. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Probationary Member

Joined Apr 17, 2012
    Slatington, Pennsylvania
    elite auto works in goshen ny

6. dexterholland04

dexterholland04 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2007
    Rush, New York
    You could always come down to Rome and we could look at it! PM me if you're interested.

3K  5

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    10.1 @ 149.02 · 2G DSM
  7. tsikohl

Joined Jul 7, 2012
    watertown, New York
    it was a simple vacuum line fix! thanks guys!

8. chithook

Joined Jul 6, 2012
    Ft.Drum, New York
    Good to hear your car is fixed. There is a new shop in Watertown. Its called Beast Coast Customs. They specialize in DSMs.

9. zachsEVO3

zachsEVO3 Proven Member

Joined Apr 1, 2008
    Ithaca, New York
    Heythere you should come to Cantech on Taft road, the exit right after the airport!

I help out there a couple days a week and one of the other lead Technicians was also a VR4 owner we should be able to help you out if you need anything else!

Here's our latest project- a 575 Horse M3 supercharged by ESS! [​IMG]

891  0

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  10. DSM315

DSM315 Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2009
    WATERTOWN, New York
    yes, im the co owner of Beast Coast Customs. we have alot of parts and knowledge about these cars and we're right in watertown. please feel free to give us a call 315-221-4198

324  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM