The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

old school Profec B help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
so cal, California
I have a couple questions regarding the profec b.
1. Are any of the led lights suppose to be on when the engine is running?
2. In the manual, it says that when I select 'low boost' the led is suppose to be on but it isnt, whats wrong??
3. The unit only lights up when I turn the lights on, is that normal? How would I know if the unit is on during the day, when the lights are off?
4. I went out to set the boost, 'balance' is set at 12 o'clock, 'low boost' and 'high boost' is set at min, but when I go WOT at the above settings, the first test run shot up to 10psi, and then without touching anything on the unit, I did two more test runs and it shot up past 20psi, I got scared and drove home. While I was doing the test runs, I can hear the turbo screaming instead of spooling, could it be that I have a major boost leak somewhere? Or could it be that my turbo is going bad? Anyways, Im still running the t25 if that matters.

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Thanks!

when you swicth from hi to lo the unit should "click" and the led should go from hi to lo or vice versa. on the back of the unit you will see 4 pin switches that me be in the wrong places for you set up, thus making work incorrectly. or you may have a broken unit if it is not lighting up or switching and clicking.

you may want to double check you instalation and try again.

bfdahl said:
when you swicth from hi to lo the unit should "click" and the led should go from hi to lo or vice versa.

When I switch from 'hi' to 'low', is it a loud click, or should I put my ear to it? As for the led, is it suppose to light up even with the (head)lights off?? I can only see the led switch to 'hi' from 'low' when I turn the headlights on.

bfdahl said:
on the back of the unit you will see 4 pin switches that me be in the wrong places for you set up, thus making work incorrectly.

I trippled check that before I installed, and I also trippled check all my connections before making this thread, also search for problems similar to mine but couldnt find any.

bfdahl said:
or you may have a broken unit if it is not lighting up or switching and clicking.

I hope I dont have a broken unit. I'd be :mad: , anyways, the unit only lights up when I turn the headlights on, but the led doesnt light up when I switch from 'hi' to 'low', I havent listened close enough to hear the clicking sound but will do so this weekend.

Thanks!

the LED when it is "on" are amber in color one above each setting knob. It will be on at all times. and as for the click you should be able to hear it from the drivers seat!

bfdahl said:
the LED when it is "on" are amber in color one above each setting knob. It will be on at all times. and as for the click you should be able to hear it from the drivers seat!

I think I have a bad unit then, because the lights isnt on all the time, it only comes on when i turn the lights on. damn...thanks anyways bro!!!

thisdsm said:
I think I have a bad unit then, because the lights isnt on all the time, it only comes on when i turn the lights on. damn...thanks anyways bro!!!

Seems kinda silly to suggest, but do you have the power into a switched source such as your headlights? It hasn't been clarified, but does the unit appear to work when you have the lights on?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back