The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

O2 voltage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast97gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2003
Orland Park, Illinois
my stock ignition module fried on my 2g yesterday. I had a 1g one laying around the house so I slapped it on. The car idles great again and drives fine but I floored it once and logged it and my timing was getting pulled. My O2s read .92 all the way from boost to redline .. so I don't understand why timing is being pulled. I know the 1gs have less O2 voltage than 2gs when tuning ( so I heard ... I just use voltage to get in the ballpark .. then timing advance for fine tuning ) .. so with the 1g ignition module should I tune for about .90 or .88 volts now? I don't see why I would have to, but I don't know how else to explain my horrible timing. I had a good timing curve before all this and ran 20 psi without any problems. I didn't change any settings. Help!?!??!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back