The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G NT to T Engine swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent205

Probationary Member
May 18, 2019
Edmonton, AB_Canada
currently have a 93 talon 5speed manual with 2.0 NT, found a 90 laser 2.0 turbo. What I was thinking was I could simply take the engine and tranny and swap them into my talon...

The biggest reason is the talon body is in great shape, and the laser is not. The owner of the laser says the engine has been rebuilt and now just needs tuning....

Am I crazy? Is there any reason this may not work? Thanks

You have to swap everything over: engine, trans, wiring harnesses, ecu, gauge cluster, etc. As it's all different for turbo to n/t.

You can technically add the wires to the n/t harness, but I'd swap it all if you have a whole parts car, better chance of success.

If it's a good price and the engine is truly built properly with proof, do it. Can part the laser out and make some back if it's in your wheel house.

It's also not quite that easy. 90 has some differences you will need to deal with. If you swap everything you will essentially make your car 90 spec. 93 also doesnt have the same oil cooling system as 90. You can swap just be aware of these differences. Personally I'd get another car. If you've never done a motor swap before this will be more work than you likely realize.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back