The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

November 9th DE at Limerock Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cioc

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 2, 2006
Sparta, New_Jersey
So I finally got my car where I wanted it this year in time to do my one and only HPDE day with PDA/NASA. I started off the day in the white run group and due to the limited number of cars, they decided to combine green and white. Well, the first session was an absolute parade. I couldn't get the car over 70MPH due to traffic and the lack of point by's given out by beginners. The second session went MUCH better. I had the usual contenders, turbo miata's, mini's, R32's, but never ever did I go up against one of these. Notice the point by!!!:sneaky:

Here are some more shots from the event.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, awesome. For some reason or another I really like the look of your car :D

I made it myself. Take some large sheets of cardboard, tape it to the bottom of your front fascia. Trace the shape of your bumper, then move the cardboard out a couple of inches until you get the desired length. You may have to add more cardboard to the backside depending on how much you want to seal off the bottom of the car. I then traced the cardboard pattern onto .25" ABS plastic sheet, drilled some holes and bolted it up to the subframe and bumper cover. For added supports, I purchased support rods from APR. I just added a picture to my gallery since I've already hit my attachment limit for this thread. Is there a way to increase that by the way? I have a ton of pictures and some in car footage from the event if someone wants to host.

OK, here are some more shots of my splitter to match the description. Furthermore, you can seal off any gaps between the plastic and your bumper with some window weather stripping. This mod drastically improved my car's cooling ability as I sealed off the bottom of the car all the way to the cross member.

Curious, how do you have it attached at the core support?

Directly to the cross memeber there are several threaded holes that were no longer being used. I cannot even remember what used to go in there. In addition to that, I have the front portion bolted to where the stock plastic diverters used to go. I'll be changing my oil tomorrow so I'll snap some shots of the underside.

Alright, here are some shots of the underside.

And here's the weatherstripping.

I always laugh when you tell another car enthusiest that your race shop consists of Home Depot and WallyWorld (for those late, late night projects).

That's very well fabriacted. Think I need to find me some card board...to the bat cave...I mean Walmart :thumb:

cioc said:
So I finally got my car where I wanted it this year in time to do my one and only HPDE day with PDA/NASA. I started off the day in the white run group and due to the limited number of cars, they decided to combine green and white. Well, the first session was an absolute parade. I couldn't get the car over 70MPH due to traffic and the lack of point by's given out by beginners. The second session went MUCH better. I had the usual contenders, turbo miata's, mini's, R32's, but never ever did I go up against one of these. Notice the point by!!!:sneaky:

Way to go!! :thumb: Your car is looking great... a definite road racing machine!

Thanks for the compliment Greg. It means alot coming from a guy who's pics I have downloaded to my computer that get reviewed almost weekly.

I thought I recognized that car before. I already have one of those driveway shots saved from another forum.

Where did you get that abs at btw? Is it just a home depot item or....

There is a local plastics supply house located in Northern Jersey. I had to buy a 4' by 8' sheet unfortunately so there's a ton of waste. It was fun driving down the highway with this thing strapped to my wife's SUV let me tell you. I used to have those pics saved under my gallery on this board but that all got wiped out a week or so ago and I haven't had the time to put them back up.

So, my wife bought me the picture CD from this track day and now I can share some photos without the PDA watermark.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back