The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Northeast DSM Meet T-shirt Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It doesnt matter where youre from. Most of the guys are from the Tri-State area and its being held in the Tri-State area so it should be on there. And why hav sponsors or tuner logos on there if we arent being sponsered it seems pointless.

Ok...*phew* I think I have copied/moved all the t-shirt discussion over to this thread. When I get some time I'll start a list in the first post with user names of people who are interested. If I forgot to copy/move your post over, sorry. I'll go through the meet thread again later tonight and verify I got everything.

To address a few things:

ranman000: Image links fixed. Personally it looks very bland/boring/plain to me. I don't like the logo. I don't like the idea of putting my actual full name on a t-shirt. Maybe part of it or a nick name as Wes suggested. And I'm not sure I like the placement off the "Tri-State DSM". And as for the cars...eh.

James: I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to use a Tuners logo, since Tuners doesn't sponsor the event. We'd have to consult Chris first and see if we can use it.

When I have some free time, I'll give a logo some thought. If someone is good at drawing but not with graphic design software, draw something up and post it and I'll do my best to convert it.

Also, are we putting "Tri-State" on it? On another forum, someone questioned why it's called the Northeast meet when it's not really in the Northeast. I guess I'm just getting confused by the multiple names this can go by.

Just a quick idea of mine. Its really easy to use this website to create some shirts and they're relatively cheap too!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like the second but with your first name on the breast and your SN on the back. Looks sick though!!!!

Also, its not dsmtuners meet, its DSM meet

well for me, my name IS my screen name. I could make up a couple more ideas if you guys want me to. I like doin that kinda thing...I'll fix it to say "3rd tristate dsm meet" instead of dsmtuners meet. I'll post up a couple more examples tonight if I get the spare time

LOL no. Instead of calling it names it isnt, lets call it what it is. Its a philly meet. Not everyone that comes is from the tristate, nor are we meeting in the northeast.

I vote something more simple.

front-
DSM logo on left breast

back-
USERNAME across the top (like Fabian's 4th, simple font)
"3rd annual Northeast DSM meet" in center alignment right below it

I think that we should have the names so people who dont know you can say "hi James" rather than hi Vette_50_Th

I think this one is very simplified. Simple front logo which is easy, back is plain and says what we're there for, who we are, and what we drive...SIMPLE. Let's not get too carried away with the shirts and stuff. I mean, simple's better and easier for everyone to like right?

Personally, I agree with a non-cluttered, simple looking t-shirt design.
1. use all standard font letters, all caps is fine (the "fancy lettering," or large lettering distracts the eyes*);
2. use the person's name (Harold) on the front, where the left breast is fine, and nothing else* (maybe a really small DSM logo centered below the name?);
3. use some kind of title for the event on the back, as well as possibly having the person's username (too much, too "fancy", or too large of lettering is also distracting to the eyes [*hey comrade, stand there for a minute, so I can read that]);
--a. either keep the title exactly the same as the original naming of the event, being 3rd Annual Northeast DSM Meet,
--b. or, to rid of all the confusing terminology, simply use 2010 DSM Meet[/U ](concisely indicates when and what).

As mentioned before, once a design is determined, I can ask two people from work that own shirt making businesses (could be t-shirts, or polo shirts) about prices according to quantities.
Just some of my thoughts,
Jim

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back