The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

No power to dimmer switch!! need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC2RPM

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2009
Watertown, New_York
Ok here is my problem. I have absolutly no interior lighting whatsoever. No chime, no courtesy lights by the kick panels, no dash lights, no HVAC lights, no ring of light that lights up where the key goes into, no lights underneith my rear view mirror, no flip down mirror lights. My headlights work perfectly fine though. My fog lights have been disconnected. (I dont know if that matters) I checked every single fuse both in the engine bay and kickpanel, all fuses are good. I also have no chime! Ok, so here is what I have done so far. I have checked the voltage at the 10 amp fuses in the engine bay thats says room lamp and radio and they test 12V fine. So I thought my dimmer switch had burned out, I bypassed the dimmer switch and still nothing. I checked for a 12V reading at the dimmer and found 0V across any of the wires. I tried with the headlights both on and off. Still nothing. I am just at a total loss. the guy who I bought the car from cut a couple wires which i think are kind of crucial LOL. I believe the main 12V wire that powers everything was possible cut. because either way i should still have chime interior lighting. I also looked into the switch in my door jams. those were fine too. This is so fustrating, I am at a loss. :sosad: Hopefully these pictures i took should help! :confused:

The bottom wire is colored Red and white. The white is on the back side. That reads 12V constant.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is another shot from farther away to give you all an idea of where its located.

In this one there is a white wire (at the bottom) that is just dangling from a brown wire that reads less than 1V.

And then there was this green and white wire just laying there that i decided to wrap up in electrical tape.

woops i was wrong with the reading of the red wire voltage. I just checked both wires today and they both read .65V with the car off. Also i tried with the headlights both on and off... still reads .65V.

i have the same problem.. somebody had an aftermarket alarm in mine..

no power on a test light at the rheostat..

the lights or the gauges and hvac are dead.

I mean its like looking for a needle in a hay stack... what kind of wiring diagrams would i look for...what wires go where...I have had my entire dash out once before but still i did not know what to look for... Whats the wire that powers all the interior lighting??? i thought it might have been the red wire but who knows... I have got the haynes manual and that helps give me an idea but why do people do stupid things like cut wires and leave them!!! :banghead:

i have some wiring diagrams at home i can send to you. please pm your email address.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back