The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

No More E85 in Arizona

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've had knock show up with real e85. 42psi, 122* ambient temps and a little to much timing. I've also seen knock on lower boost with smaller hot side setups I was really pushing. Real knock complete with spark plugs spattered with aluminum, not just some noise from the sensor.

I'm tearing apart my 1g now, and starting a 2g build, so sadly I won't get any good data from back to back testing on a pretty decent setup.

Thanks Gofer for that explanation. I need to invest in dsmlink, I'm just so paranoid at the thought of trying to tune this car myself. For now, I may leave my flashed ECU the way it is, as I haven't heard of this E54 business happening in my state yet. I don't get any knock at WOT, and most of the time I'm seeing decent AFR's at WOT as well. (30lbs - 12-12.5 AFR)

BTW, I don't think this has anything to do with politics as some have suggested. If it weren't for the current administration bringing back the big 3, I'm not so sure E85 would be as available as it is today. Flexfuel started back in 08-09 on 50% of GM cars. Plus it is a huge industry, as there is a huge corn surplus every year that would just go to waste if not for E85.

We need to start a petition to brung back e85, there is one station in mesa. The law is for a MINIMUM not a maximum. Also, if they ste claiming e54 is thr minimuk for flex, why is my station pumping 51% LOL
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back