The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

No idea where these plugs go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOREMORSE93

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Found these plugs disconnected and have no idea where they go or what they're for. One is the long brown/blue plug and the 2 smaller white plugs and also the solid blue plug coming out of the carpet by the pedals.any ideas?

Attachments

• 2011-07-10 22.03.04.jpg
    2011-07-10 22.03.04.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 2011-07-10 22.01.33.jpg
    2011-07-10 22.01.33.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 2011-07-10 22.03.41.jpg
    2011-07-10 22.03.41.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 59
what kind of car? are you having issues? they may not go to anything cars are wired before anything else so they may go to options that you car didnt come with.

Yea the car runs but my dashboard lights flicker and the lights don't turn on when i open the door.Also the power locks pop the fuse right away but i don't know if it has anything to do with that.

is your car a 1g? the white plugs look like they could be to an obd 1 port. I would say that the interior light and dash issue wouldnt be cause these plugs since there not plugged in they would just flat out not work. Do you have a sound system in your car that would cause they dash lights to flicker. High power amps cause lights to flcker because the alternator cant keep up. The door locks sould like you have a short somewhere. And the interior lights not coming on when you open the door is a common issue on many cars.

The large blue one plugs into the back of the fuse box, or at the top of the fuse box. The others are for the clutch switch most likely.

The gauge lights are probably flickering from one of the connectors being loose, on the fuse box.

As for the lighting issue I had a similar problem. My lights would flicker and sometimes not even come on. I took both switches out of the door jam. They're located near the bottom of the door jam and covered by a little black plunger. I cleaned the contacts and bent one of the prongs a tiny bit so there was a better connection. If there's an open in one of those switches, the interior lights won't be able to get power to turn on.

I also have the same connectors located under the left side of the dash which aren't connected to anything. It definitely not the an obdII connection. Mine also aren't plugged in to anything and all of my accessories function properly. Could possibly be for the factory alarm box?

The solid blue plug is barely pocking out of the carpet by the pedals so i don't think it hooks up anywhere on the fuse box.? Im a bit more concerned with the blue/brown plug and the 2 white plugs that are up near the fuse box.

As for the lighting issue I had a similar problem. My lights would flicker and sometimes not even come on. I took both switches out of the door jam. They're located near the bottom of the door jam and covered by a little black plunger. I cleaned the contacts and bent one of the prongs a tiny bit so there was a better connection. If there's an open in one of those switches, the interior lights won't be able to get power to turn on.

I also have the same connectors located under the left side of the dash which aren't connected to anything. It definitely not the an obdII connection. Mine also aren't plugged in to anything and all of my accessories function properly. Could possibly be for the factory alarm box?

Are you talking about the foot lights flickering or the lights on your dash?

If you figure out what the blue one is for; let me know. I also have a that connector... and can't seem to find a place for it. But had to swap harnesses into this car so honestly I do not recall if it was used in the other car or not. The FSM seems to call it a rear-body harness connector; but everything works in the back w/o it. So not really sure...

The two white ones look like they belong to the mirrors and cruise control bezel

Last edited:
ok thanks for the replys! i went to oreilys to check the alternator because of the flickering lights (battery,coolant,e-brake) but they said the alternator was good (test was done while alternator was still on the car)...should i start looking for bad grounds or take of the alternator and bring it inside for a better test!?!?!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back