The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

no good threads about 1g ebay exhausts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
I have some money that I want to spend on a cat back exhaust. I read about 2/3 the way through the normal ebay exhaust thread and I really noticed that about 98% of it is for the 2g. So does anyone know or have had a good experience with ebay 1g exhausts? pics would be nice too!! thanks.

I just put an Ebay Tsudo catback on my 92 Laser Rs and it was well worth the price only like $240 shipped to my door here in Wasilla extra $35 here to AK. Haven't driven the car yet as i need to replace the TOB but it sounds nice (deep and low). perfect fit!! If you happen to come out to wasilla you can here it in person or PM me your number and ill hold the phone to the tail pipe.LOL. I personally am not to fond of the big can on back but i dont hate it either. For the price, Id say go for it for sure.:thumb:

I just put an Ebay Tsudo catback on my 92 Laser Rs and it was well worth the price only like $240 shipped to my door here in Wasilla extra $35 here to AK. Haven't driven the car yet as i need to replace the TOB but it sounds nice (deep and low). perfect fit!! If you happen to come out to wasilla you can here it in person or PM me your number and ill hold the phone to the tail pipe.LOL. I personally am not to fond of the big can on back but i dont hate it either. For the price, Id say go for it for sure.:thumb:

You should take some pics of it and post it:thumb:

right on nfernotalon....thats sick. I was wondering of the resonators made a big difference in sound being as you have two and a lot of the ones that I have seen on ebay seem like they have only one. I should PM the same guys you got yours from and see if they will ship me on to alaska!

And smokem...does your have one resonator or two?

right on nfernotalon....thats sick. I was wondering of the resonators made a big difference in sound being as you have two and a lot of the ones that I have seen on ebay seem like they have only one. I should PM the same guys you got yours from and see if they will ship me on to alaska!

And smokem...does your have one resonator or two?

Compared to the stock exhaust with just a muffler I think it sounds alot better. Its definately a deeper sound cruising and at idle its just a low rumble, I love the sound its not ricey at all. Id recommend it to anyone.

Well the one i got looks just like the one nfernotalon posted, 2 resonators. I got mine from Nissangtrpower link bellow. This one is listed lower with a lower shipping than the other ones he offers but he told me the were the same. Read the ad it say holiday blowout!! So its listed cheaper and he still honors the price:thumb: Plus $35 here to AK. So i was more like $250 shipped. Well worth it. The pic he shows is different how ever.
eBay Motors: TSUDO N1 CATBACK 89-94 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GSX 90 92 93 (item 230234355044 end time Mar-31-08 03:38:33 PDT)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok...well smokem...I have just purchased the exact same exhaust as the one in the link you provided. will post pictures when I recieve it in the mail!! I am totally excited!!!

Anyone have one of these cat back exhausts bolted to a 3 inch downpipe? If so, which downpipe?

Well I just checked my shipment order...had some issues with shipping and confusion with payments, But everything was worked out well and efficiently, And its at the Fedex shipping center right now so I will get it tomorrow. Will take pictures of packaging and welds etc when I get it saturday. If i can, I will also install it and take pictures of that and try to get a good movie clip of how it sounds.

This bolts to the stock cat, correct???

It should. I don't want to say that it will before I try to put it on. I will let everyone know for sure tomorrow. I got an em-mail saying it was delivered this morning... But I have to work all day and go to my college class today. Pictures and hopefully a good sound clip yet to come.

And for anyone who has put a cat-back on.... Did you jack up the rear of the car and work under that way or did you jack up the front of the car? Just trying to get an idea in my head about how I want to go about the install.

I just jacked the rear of the car up as that where most of the work is. I also used a wire brush to clean up threads on the cat bolts then sprayed them with pb blaster. They came off no problem with an impact. Whole job took like 25 min including soaking bolts.

Ok so after a long day of things going wrong things went right at least for a while. Now I am having different issues... *sigh*. Well anyways I took pictures of the exhaust I got in the mail so happy viewing.

Attachments

• Exhaust 1.JPG
    Exhaust 1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Exhaust 2.JPG
    Exhaust 2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Exhaust 3.JPG
    Exhaust 3.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 178
  • Exhaust 4.JPG
    Exhaust 4.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Exhaust 5.JPG
    Exhaust 5.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 171
  • Exhaust10.JPG
    Exhaust10.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Exhaust 9.JPG
    Exhaust 9.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Exhaust 8.JPG
    Exhaust 8.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Exhaust 7.JPG
    Exhaust 7.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Exhaust 6.JPG
    Exhaust 6.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 173
The welds are great and it sounds awesome. Its a tight fit to get it on the stock hangers. But everything worked out and its working good...Except for the boost creeping I have now... Could be just the boost gauge I bought. I am working on posting a video as well so if you have any questions about anything, ask away.

Attachments

• Exhaust 15.JPG
    Exhaust 15.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Exhaust 14.JPG
    Exhaust 14.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 167
  • Exhaust 13.JPG
    Exhaust 13.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Exhaust 12.JPG
    Exhaust 12.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Exhaust 11.JPG
    Exhaust 11.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Exhaust 16.JPG
    Exhaust 16.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Exhaust 17.JPG
    Exhaust 17.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Exhaust 18.JPG
    Exhaust 18.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Exhaust 19.JPG
    Exhaust 19.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 167
I just want to say after driving around today with my car... I absolutely love the sound of the exhaust. nice deep and rich. No rice!! the exhaust was more of a tight fit with the stock hangers but I was able to muscle it all in place and it fits in TIGHT with no movement!! over all if you don't have the exhaust nut strip out on you..it really takes no time at all!! I am still working on getting a good sound clip to post.

ive had one for about a year now and when i bought it i was gonna buy a apexi but the ebay is the same exact design and it sounds identical very mellow deep note sound. sounds amazing. very good performance as well.

I'm ordering one soon(hopefully this week)and I would like to hear a sound clip as well. Last summer my friend bought the non-turbo version for his '98 RS and it sounds pretty bad-ass now,I wonder if mine will be anything like his

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back