The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

nitrous tuning question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highintenzity4

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
Mission, Texas
Say I go get dynotuned with the dsmlink and about a month later I decide to spray a 100 shot... Does the tuning have to change? Or can I use the same settings and spray the 100 shot? Its a NX wet kit with nitrous works nozzle.Thanks.

First I'll say that a 100 shot on stock internals with a 50 trim like the PTE is def :nono: . If you dyno tuned your 50 trim you should easily be makin 350whp so a 100 shot will put you around 500hp and with that nitrous is a lot more harsh then 500 just turbo and motor hp. Nitrous is not gaurenteed engine killer people make it out to be but it has to be used in moderation.

Anyway I would just get a logger make sure that you don't start knockin like crazy or anything and that your a/f ratio is still in the ball park of what it was before. As long as the power your makin is safe for your engine setup and you don't have knock and a/f is about the same there is no reason to retune. Those companies make these nitrous kits to be safe on even a stock cars. Jump down to like a 75 shot max watch those thing and you my friend will have a very fast car.

eee i really need to update my profile... I have a 60-1. have ross pistons and eagle rods in the block...

Lot of people like to retard the timing a little when the No2 is on. Just makes things a little less likely go boom.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back