The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Nitrous on a 2.0 NT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lofty

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
How much were you running? How long did the engine last?
Any advice on whether I should drop a 6 bolt in my car, or just run nitrous on my NT.
I don't want to turbo my NT, from what I've read it's just easier to start with a 6 bolt.
Any tips/advice? I want my car to have a little bit of oomph.

I was thinking of trying this just for fun on my dd. I have not heard of many people using nos on here sence most everybody jumps to the more comon turbo conversion. The most important thing with nitrous is the tune & fuel system. I think with a good fuel pump like a 190lph & a wet nos kit, the stock motor should be able to take up to a 100 shot reliably. You would need to lower the timing 2* for every 50hp and for a 100 shot or more switch to ngk bpr7es plugs. Also a proper tune is critical. The 6 bolt has proven its durability but, it is not a must.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back