The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New personal best on 14b

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve93Talon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2005
Philly Burbs, Pennsylvania
Went down to Atco last night, previous best was 12.53 @ 109.79. First pass right off the street on pump gas went 12.43 @ 108.8 on a 1.70. I threw in 2 gallons of VP103 unleaded, pulled a 1.61 and went 12.19 @ 110.15.... missing 4th! Then ran a 12.39 @ 111.34 with a 1.72 and a 12.36 @ 109.31 with a 1.68 (missed 4th again).

All in all, I guess I cant complain. It seems like with a perfect drive I could put it in the 11s as it sits, but I think I'll be doing some more little stuff before I take it out again. Perhaps gut the cat and try a phenolic spacer. 11s or bust! :talon:

14b, SMIC, 2.5" w/cat, 2600, 550s, hacked MAF, 5 knob AFC

You could always get a cheap intake pipe and boost controller, if you already havent caus with that higher octane fuel that your putting in you could run a little bit higher boost.

Also if you pick up a symborski shift kit they are only like 20 bucks and make for more solid shifts.

Very nice time, 2 questions, whats it weigh? and what are you shifting at with those cams on a 14b?
:thumb:

Pretty much full weight, other than AC and some other little stuff removed. Probably around 3200 w/me in it. I shift around 6500. My power fell off fast over 6k on the dyno. I'd guess that the cams are hurting more than helping with the 14b, but they were already in there ;)

DAMN, thats impressive, I thought forsure youd be stripped tin can racing with those times.
You must be one hell of a good driver, congrats!

what other mods do you have. im guessing you have all the other supporting mods. so u must have ported your turbo out. how much did you port it? and did you port the manifold and o2 also? what are you boosting?

unlmtdndeavor said:
what other mods do you have. im guessing you have all the other supporting mods. so u must have ported your turbo out. how much did you port it? and did you port the manifold and o2 also? what are you boosting?

I've got a 7cm turbine housing, EVO manifold, and tubular o2 dump housing. I see about 23psi and it drops to like 18 by 6k. I'm running the Dejon super SMIC. I still heat soak, but not nearly as bad as with the stock IC. Here's some video of it from the NJ Shootout:

http://homepage.mac.com/stevestrzempek/iMovieTheater57.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back