1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New here..

Posted by The_NEW_KiD, Aug 11, 2011

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. The_NEW_KiD

The_NEW_KiD Probationary Member

Joined Aug 11, 2011
    Mo'ville/'Cuse, New York
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I live in Syracuse but I'm in school at Morrisville college during most of the year. Unfoortunately, my Blazer is biting the bullet :banghead: and I need a new vehicle by November (inspection runs out), so I figured I'd go for a 2G Eclipse preferably, though I would settle for a 3G if I had to. I've been keeping track of craigslist but until later this month I won't have any money. I'm looking to spend max of about 2 grand on one, preferably 5 speed. Don't care if it's turbo, FWD or AWD. I just need something without any issues that will pass NYS inspection, ya know?

Hopefully I find something so I can be a part of the DSM world, I've always liked Eclipses.

:hellyeah:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. 98egsx

98egsx Probationary Member

Joined Aug 6, 2010
    cato, New York
    Well first off welcome LOL second what exactly you looking for like what year and everything you want

151  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  3. The_NEW_KiD

Joined Aug 11, 2011
    Mo'ville/'Cuse, New York
    Hey, thanks for the welcome.

Any year from 95-99 works, doesn't matter what model, just very little to no rust. I'd like a sunroof, has to be 5 speed. Prefer the 2.0L DOHC engine but I can work with whatever LOL. As far as drivetrain like I said it would be cool to get a GSX but I doubt I'll find one for around 2 grand that doesn't need work.

4. 98egsx

Joined Aug 6, 2010
    cato, New York
    Yeah its hard to find a nice gsx or any turbo car that doesn't need work and is. nice I have a 95 talon that I'm trying to sell right now because I need the money bad to repair my gsx LOL

151  0

· 2G DSM
  5. The_NEW_KiD

Joined Aug 11, 2011
    Mo'ville/'Cuse, New York
    Yeah LOL. Not too worried about turbo right now, but I really do need a new car before November. Eclipse preferred because of body lines, etc (I know Talon is the same thing)... your Talon wouldn't happen to be the blue one on craigslist would it?

6. 98egsx

Joined Aug 6, 2010
    cato, New York
    ya it is LOL I'm not asking that much anymore I'm looking for the best offer

151  0

· 2G DSM
  7. The_NEW_KiD

Joined Aug 11, 2011
    Mo'ville/'Cuse, New York
    Well if I don't find anything by probably mid October I'll get a hold of you and see if you still got the Talon, then go from there

8. 98egsx

Joined Aug 6, 2010
    cato, New York
    Sounds good to me man just let me know

151  0

· 2G DSM
  9. The_NEW_KiD

Joined Aug 11, 2011
    Mo'ville/'Cuse, New York
    Yeah dude, definitely.

10. DSM's 4 life

DSM's 4 life Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2011
    Buffalo, New York
    Hey are you still attending morrisville? I'm starting in the fall for my two year.

903  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM